Football 19/20. A season in which 20 Wrexham youths went to a right wing rally and twatted all the coked up right wing fat fucks in Manchester. UP THE SHAGGING TOWN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Couple of interesting managerial appointments on the way. Arsenal have confirmed Arteta while Everton look to have snagged Ancelotti.

Very ambitious from Everton particularly. They're not fucking about this time. A proven winner who's last 20 years reads Juve - Milan - Chelsea - PSG - Real Madrid - Bayern - Napoli. No guarantee of success and it's a long time since he managed a club so far outside the elite in a particular country, probably since his first managerial job at Reggiana.

He's done a particularly poor job at Napoli this season and there was some suggestion at Bayern that he was a bit old hat. Going to be fascinating though. Especially with how they back him in the next two windows.

Arteta is a complete unknown. Has a good reputation as a coach and Guardiola rates him which says a lot. Clearly a very intelligent player too. He is synonymous with the Arsenal teams of this decade though, having fuck all backbone. Be very interesting to see if he can make the big decisions, like sacking off Ozil and Xhaka, and find a way of playing winning football. 

It's a great appointment by Everton but one that could break them. If they find themselves in the same position in 2 years time but £300m lighter and a massive contract to pay off they could quickly become Sunderland. A big question hanging over Ancelotti, are they getting him on the slide or is he as hungry as ever?

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members

Can't think of a better way to learn the craft than standing alongside Pep for a few years. What a learning tree that must be. I'm much more on board with Arteta than I was with Emery when he took over. It's a risk but fuck it, we're at a point where expectations are low. I'm looking forward to seeing how he gets on.

Also, his hairline is magnificent. 

4 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Can't think of a better way to learn the craft than standing alongside Pep for a few years. What a learning tree that must be. I'm much more on board with Arteta than I was with Emery when he took over. It's a risk but fuck it, we're at a point where expectations are low. I'm looking forward to seeing how he gets on.

Also, his hairline is magnificent. 

God bless you Arsenal fans for clutching so much. God bless you. 

• Paid Members

I'd been dreading that game since Broken Jose took over. Wasn't so bad! I don't think three at the back suits us for the majority of our games, but to know that Lampard has the flexibility to be able to switch to it, and coach it positively (like vs Wolves too) is good to see. He got it spot on tactically. Kante/Kova constantly drawing their already narrow midfield towards them gave us so much space out wide.

Tammy's hold-up play is getting there, the way he was holding off Alderweireld was very impressive.