Rise of the Taker

5pints

• Paid Members

To be fair though, knowing his character, would you want him smiling like a Cheshire cat?

Personally I've never been a massive Undertaker fan, certainly nowhere near enough to justify paying over £100 for a 10 second photo op and Foley telling the same old stories about King of the Ring 98. But there does seem to be a huge demand and he's made a lot of people happy if social media is anything to go by.

I bet that Ebay will be full of Undertaker autographed items now though.

Edited by garynysmon

48 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

The only picture I've seen is of a miserable, knackered looking Undertaker stood next to a fan who looks more like Undertaker than he does. Genuinely sad.

That would be Taker UK and it was done at For The Love of Wrestling over the weekend, he's a well known Taker cosplayer who has a set up at every con run by Monopoly Group, top bloke as well

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, garynysmon said:

To be fair though, knowing his character, would you want him smiling like a Cheshire cat?

No, but I'd want him to take his hood down and his beanie off.

Randy Savage used to berate wrestlers for wearing street clothes at signings because, "they don't pay to see you on your day off". If you're paying £100+ for a photo, you'd hope he'd at least bother to bring his hat.

6 hours ago, BomberPat said:

No, but I'd want him to take his hood down and his beanie off.

Randy Savage used to berate wrestlers for wearing street clothes at signings because, "they don't pay to see you on your day off". If you're paying £100+ for a photo, you'd hope he'd at least bother to bring his hat.

He has missed a trick there. £100 per photo, £150 per photo w/ Hat. Like how Sandman charged people extra to have his Cane in the photo

• Paid Members

If they built a platform with enough room to fit two people, about 3ft - 4ft tall, and made it look like the top of the Hell In A Cell, and you got to pose with 'Taker like he was going to throw you off the 'top', I would absolutely throw down £100 for a photo.

'Taker in a beanie and hoodie though, with a face like smacked arse? Get fucked.

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

If they built a platform with enough room to fit two people, about 3ft - 4ft tall, and made it look like the top of the Hell In A Cell, and you got to pose with 'Taker like he was going to throw you off the 'top', I would absolutely throw down £100 for a photo.

'Taker in a beanie and hoodie though, with a face like smacked arse? Get fucked.

Exactly. You wanted to meet the Undertaker, not Mark Calaway

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

That really, really should be a thing. Themed photos are already done in exhibitions, theme parks, and whatnot, it's amazing WWE haven't done that with their Axxess events, especially with all the stuff they've supposedly got in their warehouse. The number of fans who'd have paid back in the day for a photo of poses like being superkicked by HBK in front of the Barbershop, or beaten up by Austin with a bedpan in a hospital bed, or Hogan about to legdrop them, etc. could've netted them some extra cash. 

24 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

That really, really should be a thing. Themed photos are already done in exhibitions, theme parks, and whatnot, it's amazing WWE haven't done that with their Axxess events, especially with all the stuff they've supposedly got in their warehouse. The number of fans who'd have paid back in the day for a photo of poses like being superkicked by HBK in front of the Barbershop, or beaten up by Austin with a bedpan in a hospital bed, or Hogan about to legdrop them, etc. could've netted them some extra cash. 

They do though.  Well, if you're talking about getting your photo taken on the old sets and stuff from the warehouse.

I don't think they've gone as far as letting people pay to be legdropped by Hulk Hogan.

• Paid Members
Just now, The Dart said:

They do though.  Well, if you're talking about getting your photo taken on the old sets and stuff from the warehouse.

Ah, fair enough! I never heard about any of that in any of the reports on here.

Just now, The Dart said:

I don't think they've gone as far as letting people pay to be legdropped by Hulk Hogan.

Not actually legdropped, just lying there while he stands with a leg raised as if he's about to. Bear in mind I'm talking about way in the past - I bet Hogan can't even cock his leg to piss now.

1 minute ago, Carbomb said:

Ah, fair enough! I never heard about any of that in any of the reports on here.

You can get your photo taken on the Piper's Pir set, in front of the old early 90s bright lights entrance way, in front of the old ECW entrance, the old big red letters Raw entrance.  In an old school blue ring skirt, red blue and white ropes ring, inside the Elimination Chamber, all sorts.  Loads others I'm sure.

Slaughtered on Twitter last night for daring to question his face like a smacked arse. You don't want him grinning but you also don't want him looking like everyone has asked him where his Sara tattoo went. 

Found a photo of him smiling with Foley today on the same tour though so seems only the folk that paid a fortune that got misery guts. 

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, FUM said:

Slaughtered on Twitter last night for daring to question his face like a smacked arse. You don't want him grinning but you also don't want him looking like everyone has asked him where his Sara tattoo went. 

Found a photo of him smiling with Foley today on the same tour though so seems only the folk that paid a fortune that got misery guts. 

Well you see it wouldnt be within the character to smile, but dressing up like he's about to go jogging with 90s Nu Metal fans gets a pass.