The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

12 hours ago, SpykeDudlei1 said:

3 words that already have us in disagreement.

I just don’t ‘get’ him. Never have been a fan.

Please don't misquote me. I said I like Andrade, Carmelo and Chelsea winning. It's unexpected and different. It was the concept I liked. 

13 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Please don't misquote me. I said I like Andrade, Carmelo and Chelsea winning. It's unexpected and different. It was the concept I liked. 

I know, it was more light-hearted. Not an intentional misquote.

Was quite excited about Jacob Fatu coming in, looked an absolute unit and monster anytime I have seen him before.

To see him come in and be smaller than Cody Rhodes was a massive disappointment. 

Also, there is no way The Rock is stepping foot in War Games, as incredible as it would be to see Roman etc trying to get him back on board for one night only, I don't see them getting Sami involved either.

I see Roman, The Uso's and another couple of family members (there must be plenty of them knocking about? vs Solo, Fatu and all the Tonga's

• Paid Members
On 6/22/2024 at 9:49 AM, d-d-d-dAz said:

Whilst I love a chubby killer, I think the last two decades of wrestling have prepared us for the idea that dangerous, credible wrestlers might be slim, svelte little devil's.

I don't always think it's a size thing. Danielson is a convincing killer because he has a fire and intensity and aggressiveness to his performance and ring style so you can easily believe he can and happily will fuck someone up. I believed Terry Funk is a killer despite being a short, chubby unathletic old man because he has a wild eyed craziness to him. Samoa Joe is a fat guy with skinny arms but carries himself like the toughest man alive and I believe it. But I never believed some big hench guy like Matt Morgan was a killer, he was just a muscley guy.

It's 50% performance and 50% aura. Solo is all performance with no aura and that's why I can't buy him in his current role. Someone like Jacob Fatu has that aura and it's going to show Solo up big time over the next few weeks.

36 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I don't always think it's a size thing. Danielson is a convincing killer because he has a fire and intensity and aggressiveness to his performance and ring style so you can easily believe he can and happily will fuck someone up. I believed Terry Funk is a killer despite being a short, chubby unathletic old man because he has a wild eyed craziness to him. Samoa Joe is a fat guy with skinny arms but carries himself like the toughest man alive and I believe it. But I never believed some big hench guy like Matt Morgan was a killer, he was just a muscley guy.

It's 50% performance and 50% aura. Solo is all performance with no aura and that's why I can't buy him in his current role. Someone like Jacob Fatu has that aura and it's going to show Solo up big time over the next few weeks.

Definitely agree with Fatu over shadowing Solo. But that was my point, even with less tit he's going to shine.

I think if anything we're making the same point, you can be smaller and maintain aura. So Jacob's low carb diet shouldn't be a problem at all.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

Plus once Uncle Rocky turns up and puts him on his special blend of protein pancake mix he’ll put on pure mass. Everyone knows it’s Rocks superior Samoan genetics that mean even into your 40’s and 50’s you can achieve peak physical lumpiness.

• Paid Members

I havent exactly seen much wrestling in the last two weeks but I reckon Cody needs to lose the belt to Jacob. Fitting that in the same week the Wyatts seem to have "killed" Chad Gable, that they've also successfully brought Umaga back from the dead.

• Paid Members

It was a brilliant angle, and Heyman bringing back a babyface Roman Reigns is going to be incredible, but the biggest news coming out of this show is how Paul Heyman has the weirdest shaped human body I’ve ever seen. Him taking that bump looked absolutely ridiculous. The way he sort of just lay upside down at the end! He looked like The Penguin in Batman Returns, or a life-size Weebles Wobble. Fucking Humpty Dumpty.

Supposedly, Smackdown got a new head writer recently. He’s had a belting two-week run thus far. Great, great stuff. After coasting for a while, Smackdown is back to being the best show of the week.