The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Shane to headline against Punk. Find out who really is best in the world. 

Ahh, but only one of them beat Dolph Ziggler to earn that moniker, this grudge is already settled.

5 hours ago, Loki said:

AJ Styles dropping the elbow on Smackdown 2023 (colourised)

s9fazqxbxt851.png

It looks like AJ found HHH's old stash backstage somewhere, Jesus.

In other news, LA Knight continues to get the biggest pops of the week.  Clearly their Wrestlemania title plans involve CM Punk and Randy Orton, but they need to find something big for Knight as otherwise their crowd will start to get pissed off - the fans want to see Knight as a champion sooner rather than later.

Always thought Logan Paul/LA Knight would be the plan for Mania.

Also don't see Randy Orton in a title match at Mania, not sure what he does to be honest. Lashley maybe?

Think Orton goes heel and will be Cody's first challenger after Mania if that's the direction they go in.

Edited by The King of Old School

I get it’s wrestling and we’re trained to expect the worst of people but I think it’s harsh that every guy who comes back jacked is accused of flaunting the wellness policy.

If you’re an athlete out injured then you naturally rehab at the gym. Not being on the road they will be able to get more sessions in and if your job is essentially as an actor on TV, you want to return looking your absolute best.

10 hours ago, FUM said:

I get it’s wrestling and we’re trained to expect the worst of people but I think it’s harsh that every guy who comes back jacked is accused of flaunting the wellness policy.

If you’re an athlete out injured then you naturally rehab at the gym. Not being on the road they will be able to get more sessions in and if your job is essentially as an actor on TV, you want to return looking your absolute best.

I just checked, and AJ is 45 years old and Randy is 43. They are 100% taking something, and there's no doubt at all. Look at AJs arms in that picture Supremo posted, there's no way a 45 year old can do that naturally. 

That said, they're still dedicating insane amounts of time and effort into their diet and workouts, so in no way does taking stuff to diminish the effects of mother nature make it a bad thing. 

Joe Rogan is a big advocate of guys in their 40s being allowed to take stuff to compensate for the aging process, and that's MMA, so there should really be no negative conetations for older guys getting a little helping hand. 

• Members
7 minutes ago, Dai said:

Joe Rogan is a big advocate of guys in their 40s being allowed to take stuff to compensate for the aging process, and that's MMA, so there should really be no negative conetations for older guys getting a little helping hand

That'll be the Joe Rogan who took a de worming animal drug to cure his Covid.

Yeah, I'd listen to him as well.

27 minutes ago, Dai said:

I just checked, and AJ is 45 years old and Randy is 43. They are 100% taking something, and there's no doubt at all. Look at AJs arms in that picture Supremo posted, there's no way a 45 year old can do that naturally. 

I mean there definitely is doubt because you don't know them.

Generally speaking, guys who have been rigorously working out their entire lives don’t get in to the best shape they’ve ever been in in their 40’s  without a little help and in the case of AJ over a short period of time. It’s not impossible but I’d say under the circumstances it’s unlikely.

6 hours ago, Dai said:

Look at AJs arms in that picture Supremo posted, there's no way a 45 year old can do that naturally. 

Wrestling is essentially their daily cardio sessions especially for a guy who is a bit more high impact like AJ Styles. Take that out of anyone already in tremendous shape already routine and they will naturally gain muscle mass.

Seems like a fairly underwhelming and disappointing smackdown tonight which bums me out slightly after raw ended up being a bit lackluster as the last actual raw of the year

No Roman is becoming a detriment and pretty much killed the entire run and white hot TV and storylines which is a huge negative point for me ending out the year with how much they got me emotionally invested and having to watch weekly to see the progression because it felt worth watching live and not I'll watch when I've got time of skip it until x ppv happens 

8 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Seems like a fairly underwhelming and disappointing smackdown tonight which bums me out slightly after raw ended up being a bit lackluster as the last actual raw of the year

No Roman is becoming a detriment and pretty much killed the entire run and white hot TV and storylines which is a huge negative point for me ending out the year with how much they got me emotionally invested and having to watch weekly to see the progression because it felt worth watching live and not I'll watch when I've got time of skip it until x ppv happens 

Aren't they usually fairly substandard at this time of year? 

And to be honest, I think it's a pretty solid lineup all things considered.

But yeah if the only thing you're interested in is Roman then it's obviously going to be underwhelming.

• Paid Members

Yeah, they never usually make an effort at this time of year. But from pre-Rumble time to Wrestlemania Roman will be on all the time and I can live with that.

All those matches sound great though. Carmelo vs Owens especially.