The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

Posted (edited)

The only good thing about G.O.D in Japan was their theme.

Tama has come on leaps and bounds as a singles competitor in Japan over the last 2 years after Tanga Loa got injured, his finisher in Japan was the RKO so I know why he’s had to change it but that new one can just get in the bin.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

33 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Shame about Tama Tonga’s music though. Fucking hell. A new low. A level of generic shite even Bayley could mock. This Def Rebel lot can’t be long for this world. Stealing a living.

On its own it's pretty forgettable. But I thought with the fire and general presentation it worked pretty well. Gave a good aura to them.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

The litmus test should always be, “will I know who this is when he comes out during the Royal Rumble?” If the answer is no, which is the case for almost all of these new themes, then they should immediately burn the master tapes.

Edited by Supremo
Generic rock plays in the background.

There are some themes that dont necessarily hit straight away. Took a while for Roman's new one to grow on me but I think it's pretty perfect for him now. And I don't think that's an overcomplicated theme really. So I think Tama should be fine in time if the presentation keeps up.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Good lord that was a catastrophically stupid thing to do. I’m almost impressed. Social media is a ticking timebomb for thick people in the public eye.

Career suicide button just sat there on your smart phone at all times. It’s a wonder any of the poor things hold down a job. 

Trying to avoid all discussion about this elsewhere, because I 100% guarantee it will be chud after chud going "HOW IS THE VIDEO RACIST, IS THE WORD BLACK RACIST NOW?" I don't even need to check. 

Edited by JLM

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

She took the post down quite rapidly and it was a pre-recorded audio on the clip... Mayyybe she gets away with an apology and they move on? Could see Jade deciding to take the high road and let this go as it seems like a moment of thoughtless stupidity rather than something truly malicious. But man, it really was very dumb. 

Edited by JLM

On 5/11/2024 at 10:22 PM, Supremo said:

The litmus test should always be, “will I know who this is when he comes out during the Royal Rumble?” If the answer is no, which is the case for almost all of these new themes, then they should immediately burn the master tapes.

The solution is to go back to how it was around 06 when wrestlers had their name said at the start of the music.