The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

The only way out of this is for Cody to turn heel, taking the easy way out and challenging an injured champion he already knows he can beat because he's obsessed with winning a World Title, and can't face the prospect of losing at Wrestlemania again - have him disingenuously insist that he has "finished the story" even though everyone knows that isn't what he meant, while babyface Seth has to face the fact that he basically talked Cody into it in the first place.

Excuse the fantasy booking, but he's fucked as a babyface.

33 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Excuse the fantasy booking, but he's fucked as a babyface.

I know. Absolutely tragic that they genuinely had someone people were behind and they've blown it. 

Tony Khan probably sending a text 

3 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Tony Khan probably sending a text 

Well, it is Saturday night but don't know what relevance that has here. Let the man enjoy his evening.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

2 minutes ago, Pinc said:

It'll be amazing if this breaks their post-AEW 'cheer the goodies boo the baddies' fanbase. All showing up to Mania in leather jackets like Sandy at the end of Grease.

It's certainly broken the WWE's and The Rock's Insta comment section.

32 minutes ago, Pinc said:

It'll be amazing if this breaks their post-AEW 'cheer the goodies boo the baddies' fanbase. All showing up to Mania in leather jackets like Sandy at the end of Grease.

If it doesn’t before Wrestlemania, I think it probably will at the show itself given the kind of crowd it attracts, especially if the match is a bit shit. 

If the crowd turn before ‘Mania, I actually could see them backtracking.

• Paid Members

Theyre getting the Wyatt vs Orton treatment, that crowd is gonna cruicfy them, chant Cody throughout enough to drown out commentary and boo whoever wins/loses/tears a pec.

They've shat the bed and in the process shat all over the bedroom.

• Paid Members

Whilst I am giving WWE WAAAAAAY more credit than they deserve and is almost wishful thinking at this point, but could this all be a swerve to ensure Cody has full backing going into Mania? Almost Daniel Bryan-esque? Or maybe that with Cody saying he wants to take everything away from Roman, he is setting the Rock / Roman match and once that's in place, THEN calls his shot for his Mania match with Roman, meaning Roman has to pull double duty?

That way taking both the Head of the Table and the title away from Roman all at once?

I'm just clutching at straws at this point, but it's not entirely impossible.

Someone on twitter said that Dwayne taking Cody's Mania match was like Hogan at Mania 9 and I actually defended Hogan by saying "at least, Hulk let Bret have his Mania match before waltzing in and taking the title".

I've disliked that guy since WrestleMania IX and I defended him?

Oh, and that Lost in Translation moment was probably Dwayne telling Cody "Fuck your story!"

Given the year it came out, the newlyweds who Bill Murray gifts WresteMania tickets to in Groundhog Day would’ve been in attendance for Mania IX.

Someone should write a Groundhog Day 2 where they have to live the show over and over again until Bret wins.