What is your most trivial claim to fame?

Accident Prone

1 hour ago, simonworden said:

A friend of mine is Mr Blobby these days, took over the rights/ usage and is the guy in the costume on most  TV things that roll him out, the voice is sometimes him or another mate and I can tell exactly which one it is without knowing

This wins the thread for me. I wonder if he gets a decent wedge for it or is it a fun gig regardless of cash? 

How did he get the rights; did he hassle Noel Edmonds for them?

Oh, and if your friend was the one who shit Jack Whitehall up on the big fat quiz, they are a hero of mine. 

I have been defeated at Table Tennis by Commonwelath Games Gold Medlaist Andrew Baggaley.

I have also been defeated in a legitimate schools competition at Long Jump by European, Commonwealth, World and Olympic Gold Medalist Greg Rutherford. (Whom I have also beaten in two football matches . . . so needless to say I had the last laugh)

On 3/15/2019 at 12:04 PM, Astro Hollywood said:

(whoever handles the Twitter account of) the Iron Sheik tweeted a link to my blog while telling Hulk Hogan to go fuck himself.

I think it’s the Magen brothers who made that documentary about Iron Sheik who run his social media. 

When I was doing work experience at radio wm I had to go down to reception to get Roy Wood and had a brief chat with him in the lift.  Also on the Friday it was the Christmas show, I was outside collecting the Christmas presents that people had brought and unbeknown to me Ed Doolan had called for me to go on stage, after a short while someone found me so I ran backstage then onto the stage in a sort of jog to a massive cheer from the assembled petitioners. 

Then afterwards three pensioners asked me for an autograph, I bet they treasured that. 

13 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Gogs, in Welsh Parlance, are North Walians. So its was Cavemen,being called North Walians, speaking jibberish.

That sounds about right from some of your 3am posts. One of my cousins worked on a load of animations. The list includes Gogs, Stoppit and Tidyup, they now work for Aardman in Bristol.

Edited by Rey_Piste
Gogs not gigs, or Giggs even.

Took a piss next to Cillian Murphy in the Crane Lane Theatre in Cork about four years ago. I said nothing to him. My more tactless compatriot who flanked him looked him dead in the dick and very, very loudly said "CILLIAN MURPHY.  THANK YOU. FOR THE MOVIES". 

14 hours ago, Wideload90 said:

This wins the thread for me. I wonder if he gets a decent wedge for it or is it a fun gig regardless of cash? 

How did he get the rights; did he hassle Noel Edmonds for them?

Oh, and if your friend was the one who shit Jack Whitehall up on the big fat quiz, they are a hero of mine. 

When was the Jack Whitehall incident? Paul has been blobby since 2016 so more recent it would've been, he does apparently have a tendency to go overboard on what show producers want.

Yo give you the short version of a long story back in his sixth form college days he was producing comedy sketches with some mates. These somehow ended up in Noel's lap and they did have some conversations about professional production. Nothing came of it but I think they stayed in contact as Paul toiled in TV production for about 12 years and with some bravado he managed to take possession of the suit.

Not sure on the money as I haven't seen him for a couple of years, will hopefully next month and will ask him but I guess he earns some ok beer money for what he does but between that his cover band and on off TV production work I think he is comfortable these days which is great after years of being piss poor broke.

• Paid Members

Nah you're looking 2012 for the Whitehall incident, so the last guy. Probably still one of my favourite TV moments of Whitehall cowering with the line "how the fuck were you allowed near kids?" and looking genuinely terrified. 

Edited by Shy Dad

51 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

Nah you're looking 2012 for the Whitehall incident, so the last guy. Probably still one of my favourite TV moments of Whitehall cowering with the line "how the fuck were you allowed near kids?" and looking genuinely terrified. 

Yeah that's way before, although he did massively fuck off Gary Barlow on Alan Carr a few years ago.