What is your most trivial claim to fame?

Accident Prone

• Paid Members

A few years back I cobbled together a last minute Father Ted outfit for Manchester Comic Con. YouTube's Stuart Ashen took a photo and I am now the first result when you Google 'father ted cosplay'.

Capture.PNG.8e240ffa9b36e38b623a5ab4b9f8cce8.PNG

Capture1.PNG.a4deead17c90df04d77dc1062a1179c6.PNG

What's your most insignificant achievement? What do you have the bragging rights to despite it meaning sweet fuck all?

What's your most insignificant achievement? What do you have the bragging rights to despite it meaning sweet fuck all?

Edited by Accident Prone
tags

• Paid Members

I was a "family and friends" audience member lifeline in one episode of the first series of Five Gold Rings.

I once appeared, as a child, on the front page of the Beverley Advertiser stood next to a swan.

• Paid Members

Was cock-blocked by Lembit Opik playing a harmonica. 

Had gone to this bar where there was live music, a guy doing a set on a piano. Was chatting to this woman I'd met before, and we were getting on pretty well. All of a sudden, Lembit Opik comes swanning in, hears the guy playing blues, whips out a harmonica from his pocket, and starts playing along, going all around the room as he plays. Jumps in between me and the lady, effectively "serenades" her briefly, before going off again. Mood destroyed, we effectively carry on chatting like mates and I'm unable to recapture the flirty atmosphere.

I'd have been massively pissed off if it wasn't so surreal.

Other shitty claim to fame (and many on here will know): wearing a super-cool shirt on The Chase.

• Paid Members

I was at a press launch for The Man of La Mancha's upcoming run in the West End, with Kelsey Grammar and Nicholas Lyndhurst. I was there as a plus one with my girlfriend. I used to work in a Co-op in East Wittering which is Lyndhurst's hometown and I used to serve him all the time. There was a Q and A section where everyone was asking questions  about either Frasier or Only Fools and Horses. It took all my strength not to put my hand up and say "Nicky! It's me! Mind the time I showed you where the tomato puree was? Nice one! Plonker!"   

• Paid Members

Either working on a series of Celebrity Ready Steady Cook and working with then unkowns Richard Osman and Erika "EL James" Leonard in the offices of prodction of said show, or the time I was a massive Chris Moyles fan (1999 ish) and I took a sign down to MTV's Total Request Live show to promote his show which was on at the same time. I got interviewed live by Donna Air and was asked to call in the next day to his radio show to discuss it.

Oh and there was that time, years late on the same show, I got my wife to speak to her childhood idol John Travolta and we got given tickets to the premier of Be Cool which was happening that night. She got to later briefly meet him, but I couldn't get near The Rock.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Whoa lad, don't leave those tidbits there! Tell us the grisly details.

So Kris Marshall was just after New Year in 2017, was out in Bath for a late birthday party and was pretty hammered. Mate of mine got chatting too him, guy was good looking and girls were all around him so Marshall started joking he could use a wingman. At this point I've no idea who he is as I can't see straight and get introduced to "our mate Kris" I proceed to ask him repeatedly if he was a coke fiend because his eyes were pretty wired. Not quietly either. Pretty, pretty loud. Only found out next morning when I woke up that they had to get him away from me as he was going to swing for me if I kept asking if he did Cocaine. 

MPW Jr I'm happy enough it happened. Just after he came out of Big Brother he spent a lot of time in Bath and was working with one of the nightclubs there. Came into another one to try and get 'attractive girls' to his club night and when a friend asked who he was and why people were making a big deal, may have overheard me calling him "yet another z list celeb with an ego problem that treats women like shit because he's a cunt" and as he moved over to speak to me security booted him for trying to steal their crowd and being a bit off his face on lord knows what. 

I'm not even a mouthy drunk, quite cuddly really. Just keep meeting celebs I'm not particularly fond of.