What is your most trivial claim to fame?

Accident Prone

I've been name checked during debates in both the Scottish Parliament and Westminster. The Scottish one was years ago and was about a family law issue I raised with my constituency MSP. The Westminster one was just the other week and was related to research I'd provided to an MP as part of my day job. 

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

A friend of mine saw Lemmy in London after the NME awards one year. Pissed as a fart he told him “I love the theme tune for HHH”, you know rather then mention something like Ace of Spades. He said Lemmy was very pleasant about it

To be fair, it might have been a nice change from, “Lemmy! Love Ace of Spades!”

• Paid Members

Yeah, he apparently used to get a bit narky about that one, and point out how many albums he'd released since then. There's a Head Cat (his rockabilly side project) live album where someone shouts "Ace of Spades" and he replies, "Fuck off, it's my day off".

More minor celebrity anecdotes;

• My Dad used to play five-a-side with Paul Heaton, of Housemartins/Beautiful South fame

• The drummer of death metal band Gorerotted used to live next door to my Gran, and played in bands with my half-brother when they were teenagers. Bumped into him at the Adelphi in Hull about a year ago.

• The last time I ever DJ'd (I think? I might have done a birthday party since), Mixhell (Igor Cavalera from Sepultura/Soulfly's side-project) were the headline act. I probably spoke to him for all of three minutes, non-consecutively - we were doing a wrestling show in the same venue, and they got the only changing room, meaning all the wrestlers were getting changed in the hallway. His rider consisted of a loaf of bread and a jar of Nutella.
    My set ended up getting delayed to the point that it actually clashed with Mixhell in the next room, so no fucker was watching me. I ended up just sticking on the Streets of Rage 2 soundtrack and standing in the doorway listening to Mixhell until it was time to pack up.

• A mate of mine once interviewed Paul Weller, only for him to walk out because every answer he gave prompted the follow-up question, "Weller, Weller, Weller, tell me more...

• Paid Members

Saw Ally McCoist and Ian Durrant come out a really scabby hairdressers in the Barras. I gave them directions to Glasgow Central Station. Sure I made a real impact on their travel day.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

Michael Palin's uncle taught my Dad to drive. 

My Dad used to put on an live music event in the 60s. One of the bands he booked was Davie Jones and the King Bees, David Bowie's first band. My Dad only really like blues and Ska, so he thought they were shit, but he got on well with Bowie and and a few years later he invited my Dad to a party. On the way to the gaff, my parents noticed police cars down the road where the house was and assumed it was a drugs bust so never went. Not a lame to fame, but another example of my Dad's "fussy" taste in music, he walked out of a Jimi Hendrix gig proclaiming him to be crap.   

30 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

The drummer of death metal band Gorerotted used to live next door to my Gran, and played in bands with my half-brother when they were teenagers. Bumped into him at the Adelphi in Hull about a year ago.

I've met Rushy a few times, he's a good laugh. I still like blasting this out of the car on occasions.

I appeared on Sky Sports News and the local news after sneaking into the unveiling of the then new record signing for Middlesbrough Afonso Alves at the Riverside Stadium. At the time I was doing a Boro podcast and my boss said try and get into the unveiling and press conference any way that you can as the bastards wouldn't give us a press pass.

As I walked up to the Theatre of Purgatory, I was trying to come up with a plan to get passed the security. I spotted that the BBC Look North crew were decamping out of their car. I loitered near them and dug a microphone out of my bag and joined the back of the line of their 4 man crew. It fucking worked! I was in!

I was now pitch-side and there was about 5,000 Boro fans in the stands to welcome the useless Brazilian. I was getting some vox-pops for the podcast and the odious cretin David Craig came out of the tunnel ogling over the samba dancers. A few minutes later Alves came out and attempted to do some kick-ups, normally shanking it at the fifth kick-up. Alves then went back inside and the assembled media was ushered in just behind which I tagged along with. I was now in the press conference with a dozen film crews and about 60 journalists. A bizarre day indeed.

Also that season I was the fans representative for Middlesbrough on Setanta Sports for Steve Claridge's football discussion programme which probably had an audience of about 12, so it doesn't really count.

24 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

What is that? I'd rather listen to Katie Hopkins and Nigel Farage shagging.

Grindcore/Death metal isn't for everyone and that's okay. I listen to some far heavier and noisier shit than that. I know Pig Destroyer, Infant Annhilator or Cattle Decapitation aren't even that well liked among metalheads because of how extreme it is.

Edited by Rey_Piste
Punktooashun.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Rey_Piste said:

The local  neighbourhood watch can suck my sweaty nutsack, apparently nobody saw or heard anything when I had tools stolen from my work van last year.

Have you considered that maybe they couldn't hear anything over the sound of Pig Destroyer?