Bruce Prichard is back in WWE. Stars in creative next week.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Absolutely hilarious. Don't fuck with Vince, Conrad. He's a ruthless bastard. 

Even though I imagine it's been done 100% out of spite over The Undertaker at Starrcast, I'd be happy to see Bruce's fingerprints on the product again. Only today I was listening to him (Rock Bottom 1998 episode) moaning about the current product boring him senseless with nothing but endless promos and matches.

He said all he wants is to be told a story outside of the arena with a fun vignette and, honestly, I've never agreed with anything more in my entire fucking life.

I always kept an eye on what episodes of the podcast were being put out, but not listened properly in a long time and as Ian, it hit the wall a while ago. I’m sure there separate Mega Powers, Savage In 88/89 and Hogan in 88/89 episodes, which are all the same thing essentially.

Hopefully he can add something. While he isn’t a new face, he just offers something different to what’s been there for the last few years. 

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Hopefully he is not afraid to be straight with Vince. I don't know why but I reckon most everyone there currently feels they can't or just plain doesn't.

Never listened to the podcast then?

If I remember correctly, hasn’t Bruce Pritchard suggested that he and Steph didn’t see eye to eye, hence his previous exit? Or part of the reason?

Or am I conflating his exit with somebody else’s?

In any event, it’ll be interesting to see how long this lasts in the latest effort to ‘stop the rot’?

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Once or twice but that Conrad annoys the fuck out of me - I am assuming this is not the case then?

Prichard toes the company line to an outrageous level that veers between "selective memory" and "actual lies."

Don’t think it’s been done through spite, not if rumours of position he’s going into are true. 

Somthing to wrestle....with Jim Cornette incoming 

• Moderators
6 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

As per PWInsider. Goodbye Something to Wrestle. It had hit the wall a while ago in fairness.

83 weeks has pissed on it by far as of late to be fair. Its a really good podcast. 

That's some turn around in fortunes for Bruce. Didn't he get sacked for bringing a gun to the arena or some shite like that in the mid 00's?

Even if it doesn't work out, will at least get some updated material for the podcast, which I still find a decent listen, even with Conrad's annoying catchphrases.

Bischoff has called Conrad out on Twitter - weather it’s a geniuine dig or tongue in cheek remains to be seen.     Which is funny since Bischoff dumped his yes man co host for Conrad to start with      

I can see it from the critical side to be honest - they are booked into shit loads of live shows between now and Mania including an Aussie tour, not to mention all the money he brings in on Patron.    Given the fact that Vince has him starting this week I can’t  see him letting him honour those bookings.     

Fresh young thinking for the Raw creative team  :crazy:

I was contemplating this the other day.  Vince looks at NXT and sees exciting talent and thinks "let's bring them up to Raw to improve ratings".  What he doesn't get, and I think generally people don't appreciate, is that those guys look like stars because of the booking in NXT.  I don't just mean the match booking, but the whole product really, from how they shoot the matches to how they lay out the shows, how they integrate vignettes, how they introduce new talent, how the commentary is directed... everything goes into making the wrestlers look good.

That's why so many of these poor bastards arrive on Raw and fail.  Vince doesn't need to call up The Dream, and he doesn't need to re-hire Bruce Pritchard, he needs to sack the entire Raw production team, writers, producers and directors and bring up the NXT crew en masse and give them the Raw roster.

Archived