Labour Split / Independence Group

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Factotum said:

The funny thing is Chuka was favourite to be Labour leader in 2015, and then utterly bottled it saying he didn't want the attention. He has then spent 4 years doing nothing but seeking and craving it.

Wasn't there a rumour that he pulled out because there was a fairly major scandal/skeleton in his closet that was about to be made public? I'm sure I recall that being the case at the time. He's fucked now though. Surely Labour won't go anywhere near him, can't see the Lib Dems picking him up either. 

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, Factotum said:

The rumour was he was in the closet and the press were going to release it. But there doesn't seem to have really been any base to that at all and it was more Twitter rumours trying to make sense of why he dropped out.

Cheers for clarifying, I recall seeing there was a rumour of something but I wasn't aware of what, or whether it was the reason he actually dropped out. 

• Paid Members

Surely if there's an actual independent candidate standing against a member of "the independent group for change" it's going to confuse the electorate? 

Who's leader of the Lib Dems at the moment? 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Surely if there's an actual independent candidate standing against a member of "the independent group for change" it's going to confuse the electorate? 

Who's leader of the Lib Dems at the moment? 

There's a leadership election going on with Jo Swinson and Ed Davey.