Labour Split / Independence Group

Devon Malcolm

12 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

It's still early! Plenty of time for more to follow Umunna once the news reaches them that he departed yesterday evening.

Yeah, Chuka chucked them last week, before the new name. Well, the one at the time of posting. I think they’ll be rebranded as The Sugababes by the end of the month. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Yeah, Chuka chucked them last week

Ahh ... I was out of the country. That would explain it! Got three weeks' worth of The New European piled up too with another due today. I seem to have run out of steam.

• Paid Members

Chuka Umunna should've joined the Lib Dems the moment he left Labour; they're closer to his politics and they have an established political machine to push him. But he's basically a product of the "spin" generation of careerist politicians, led by people like Blair and the cult of management. Ego leads such types to think it's about them as a personality and not the policies they espouse (if they truly espouse any at all), so they think they're The One to change everything, create the New Political Paradigm, and draw loads of people to it.

A part of the problem that IndyCUK had, I would guess, is that they wanted to be the Remain equivalent to the Brexit Party or UKIP offering No Deal, but there were already two established political parties with a presence in Westminster offering that. Not to mention that, if you're going to start a new political group that you're going to try to push as an actual party as opposed to a single-policy group like the Brexit Party, you're going to need to show you have policies right from the beginning, which they didn't; worse still, they did a shit job of glossing over that particular fact whenever they were questioned on it.

My take (not that anyone has asked or could probably give a Pope's wank):  this career politician shouldn't be standing for any fuckin' political office with the amount of allegiances he's changed recently. There should be a rule on the amount of times a politician, especially a serving MP, can change their party ties & within what time-frame.  A recall petition for this twonk HAS to be started & he should face a by-election.

Cunts like this make a mockery of the system, AGAIN!

8 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Not real 

The reach of that ‘tweet’ has been ridiculous. I’ve seen journalists and political figures share it, get told it’s fake and refuse to take it down. People are quite happy to weaponise fake news when it benefits their agenda.

Even the wording of that tweet should raise suspicion. ‘#Chukapromise’...I mean, come on. Would he really write that?