Christmas food and cooking

Gus Mears

18 minutes ago, chokeout said:

Our family vs family sausage roll bake off is now in its 6th year and now involves a trophy. 

This years rolls were: 

Pork cheese and Chipotle 

Pork and sage

Char su

Pigs in blankets ( pork, bacon and cranberry) 

Its mainly an excuse for me and my brother / brother in law to drink and insult each other while cooking. 

IMG_20191224_173059.jpg

Which ones were yours and what's in the plait/ garland?

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, chokeout said:

Our family vs family sausage roll bake off is now in its 6th year and now involves a trophy. 

This years rolls were: 

Pork cheese and Chipotle 

Pork and sage

Char su

Pigs in blankets ( pork, bacon and cranberry) 

Its mainly an excuse for me and my brother / brother in law to drink and insult each other while cooking. 

IMG_20191224_173059.jpg

The char siu and the pork, cheese & chipotle sound tremendous. I'd wolf those down. 

This isn’t much (and I’m sure it looks horrendous) but I’m quite proud of myself for this. On my todd today and keen not to repeat the last few years when I’ve just had pasta or whatever, I decided to cook for myself. 

If I’m being honest, it’s all an excuse to just have roast potatoes but I’ve never cooked them before. Think they might have been a bit over but I like them crispy. Stuffed mushrooms were a pain in the arse and not very nice but I’m just happy to have bothered and not let the depression win again. Now having a beer and playing Vice City. Merry Chrysler!

7-ED34-C81-5-BC8-4-D13-8242-DBF92-F142-F

523-A2-D27-F4-E0-4-B48-9936-628198-DB109