Getting a Curry in, what you having?

Chilly McFreeze

• Paid Members

We've done the chippy, but what about that other Great British Takeaway institution? 

If you're not starting with 2 poppadums each then you're already doing it wrong. And don't forget to keep the Mango Chutney around for your mains.

Mains depend, if I want a challenge, something hot like a Chilli Masala, Rogan Josh if I'm being basic, or Tandoori mixed grill if I'm trying to be healthy. Meat is always Lamb. 

I need Spinach in my sides, so a nice Sag Aloo and maybe some Onion Bhajis if I'm pushing the boat out.

Plain rice and a Paratha (superior to a Naan) finish it all off. And maybe a Punky Ice Cream if I have room for dessert.

What you having?

• Paid Members

We're actually having a Chinese tonight, so I look forward to the tried-and-tested combo of egg fried rice, chicken chow mien and sticky ribs with plenty of prawn crackers.

For an Indian, I usually have a Keema with rice and some poppadoms. Simple stuff. But my dad got me onto his way of ordering Indian recently, where by you just order starters and sides. Get around 8, depending on how many of you there are. Works wonders! Throw in a basic chicken curry for dippage, It's perfect.

• Paid Members

Was going to start this topic the other week, but forgot.  My usual is a tandoori chicken starter (breast of course), meat samosa, onion bhaji, Chicken Bhuna with keema rice, mushroom bhaji, Tarka Dhall, a chappati, a bit of naan and a bit of stuffed paratha.  I also have poppadums and the relevant chutneys, but I crumble one of the poppadums over the curry, and scatter the red onion over it too.  Fucking starving now!

1 minute ago, PunkStep said:

I think you'll find it's actually Mumbai

/PedantDude

Ha, I did think of that as I was typing! Don't think the name of the food (including Bombay mix) has changed, even if the city has. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, The Maestro said:

I had one last night as the little one was at the in-laws. Chicken vindaloo, pilau rice with a keema naan. It sweated the little bit of cold I had in my system out of me so a double win.

Add Mumbai potatoes, and this is the perfect answer.

Lamb Pathia (or Dhansak as option 2)
Pilau Rice
Naan or Paratha
Brinjal Bhaji
Sweet Lassi

Mrs Loki made a ton of brinjal pickle this summer as well so that's my current condiment of choice.  We could do with a "make your own curry" thread as well, as much as I enjoy a takeaway one, cooking a curry from scratch is the best.  

Edited by Loki

• Awards Moderator

I love the tandoori mixed grill with plenty of raita. But if I fancy a curry curry, veg biryani and chicken tikka balti. And seventy five onion bhajis. 

Or those tandoori lamb chops from Tayaabs Whitechapel. Bloody hell they're good.