When it’s Good it’s Fucking Great.

Supremo

On 1/6/2020 at 4:41 PM, garynysmon said:

I'd watch it even now.

Even better is if Hulk headlined the next WM beating three of the workrate perves' favourites in a 3 on 1 handicap match squash. I cheered at the end of WM9 and I'd fucking cheer now!

Your not the only one

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

WWE released the Ronda Rousey and Kurt Angle vs. Triple H and Stephanie McMahon Wrestlemania match on Facebook just now. I’ve just sat and watched the whole thing again. Still an absolute joy from start to finish. The bit where Ronda starts beating up Hunter is peak pro-wrestling.

I don’t think I saw anyone mention this match when discussing the best of the decade, which is absolutely criminal in retrospect. So much fucking fun.

8A5198E6-1F92-42C3-A3C2-376455CFC863.gif.58d5183eeaced889fd86ea76cf477233.gif

The BEST. 

1 hour ago, Supremo said:

WWE released the Ronda Rousey and Kurt Angle vs. Triple H and Stephanie McMahon Wrestlemania match on Facebook just now. I’ve just sat and watched the whole thing again. Still an absolute joy from start to finish. The bit where Ronda starts beating up Hunter is peak pro-wrestling.

I don’t think I saw anyone mention this match when discussing the best of the decade, which is absolutely criminal in retrospect. So much fucking fun.

The BEST. 

Ronda and Kurt are probably the two finest examples of cross over stars picking up the psychology and art of performance ridiculously quickly. 

That debut match from Ronda at Mania was fucking awesome. Steph and HHH were outstanding as well. 

The crowd eat it up which is always brilliant to see. 

On 3/29/2020 at 10:28 AM, Supremo said:

The BEST. 

Only one nomination (me).

On 3/29/2020 at 12:09 PM, IronSheik said:

Ronda and Kurt are probably the two finest examples of cross over stars picking up the psychology and art of performance ridiculously quickly. 

That debut match from Ronda at Mania was fucking awesome. Steph and HHH were outstanding as well. 

The crowd eat it up which is always brilliant to see. 

When HHH is out of the ring and Angle is crawling towards Ronda for the Tag Stephanie is amazing as she realises what is about to happen "Hunter .  . . HUNTER!" Cue Ronda sprinting across the ring and throwing Steph in.

I normally can't stand Steph but she was near flawless in that match. The final moments when Ronda has Steph set up for the Armbar and Steph is just screaming at her not to do it almost had me feeling sorry for her for a split second, until you remember what a cunt she is and that she absolutely deserves what's coming to her. Honestly, it's one of my favourite endings to a match ever.

Yeah, also one of my favourite matches ever.  Perfect pro wrestling, everyone plays their part absolutely spot on, and also the moment when we all realised what a massive star Rousey was going to be.

Even if we only get that 12 months, she'll still go down as one of their top stars.

On 11/15/2018 at 8:03 AM, JakeRobertsParoleOfficer said:

Hogan vs Rock at Wm for me

I was 22/23 and marked out like I was 8 all over again

This insight from Rock in particular was brilliant. What a fucking masterpiece of listening to an audience and adapting the psychology of a match to perfection. Got chills with some of Rock's recount. Had a chuckle at Hogan's crowd figure of 70k. But great content.

That’s an amazing insight into how the very top guys do their thing.

They’re both talking about riding the emotion of the crowd and adapting in the moment.  Really interesting that they had practiced the match with Hogan as the heel but in the moment Rock went heel and Hogan called the match on the fly - and the result is one of the best judged matches ever.

Hogan talking about slowing a sequence down and pacing it to the reaction sound of the crowd - almost the exact opposite of how modern WWE wrestlers would work.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Loki said:

Hogan talking about slowing a sequence down and pacing it to the reaction sound of the crowd - almost the exact opposite of how modern WWE wrestlers would work.

Now they have the pauses in matches for reactions that aren't there. Like they stop for the crowd reactions in promos when the crowd are saying nothing. 

8 hours ago, Loki said:

That’s an amazing insight into how the very top guys do their thing.

They’re both talking about riding the emotion of the crowd and adapting in the moment.  Really interesting that they had practiced the match with Hogan as the heel but in the moment Rock went heel and Hogan called the match on the fly - and the result is one of the best judged matches ever.

This is what i miss. storytelling to fit the crowd. Rock was amazing at it, did the same against Brock at SS, heard how the crowd was going and went with it. Bret SC at 13 was planned but the timing in that was equally perfect. Also another one that is forgotten is Shawn & Shamrock, just watch shawn in the match every more and nuance is in response to the crowd.