When it’s Good it’s Fucking Great.

Supremo

• Paid Members

it's bizarre how Cody hasn't really changed that much, but everything that made him seem like an out-of-place weird robot who spoke via an AI trained on wrestling promos in AEW somehow makes him seem like one of the most organic babyfaces WWE have seen in years.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Cody having editors in WWE has helped him significantly.

How do editors help in a product where it's almost wholly based on live content?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

They were all accurate at the time.

Maybe.

On 2/16/2022 at 6:46 AM, air_raid said:

Cody won’t be a star in WWE.

On 2/18/2022 at 7:38 AM, air_raid said:

He better come in as a heel straight away. He’s not likeable.

. . . 

But in the ring where it matters, he’s just… Cody. People would do well to accept that as much as they want him to be a big deal, he isn’t.

Ummm

On 3/27/2023 at 11:23 AM, air_raid said:

Well folks, when you're right 52% of the time, you're wrong 48% of the time.

Truer words never said.

• Paid Members

It’s the ultimately example of why having two major promotions is the best thing ever. Gritted-teethed bores like Edge, seemingly on the verge of retirement for the simple fact that he has nothing left to do, can jump ship and have all these new, fresh, exciting matches and directions. A genuine career resurgence. Copeland vs. Garcia tonight? Can’t wait!

Same with Cody. In the midst of the biggest bomb of his career, setting himself on fire just to get a reaction, he can move over and suddenly have everything click, becoming the top star in the business.

It’s something I’m reminded of every single time he does that, “so what do you guys wanna talk about?” line. It’s beyond madness that line comes from the final promo he did in AEW, an absolute dumpster fire of a segment, a man who had booked himself into a corner and was being laughed out of his own promotion. He seemed fucked forever. Turns out he was actually the right guy, just at the wrong place at the wrong time. Stick him in the WWE Universe and he fits like a glove. He hasn’t even changed that much. He’s still Kryten from Red Dwarf. All robotic and weird. Talking like someone has Google translated something into another language and then back to English. A complete walking meme. But for whatever reason, it just works.

In fact, it works so much, I’d go as far as to say he probably should have beaten Roman for the Title at Wrestlemania 39.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Wait, really? Garcia's great, I might actually watch that.

Indeed he is. He's getting a good push at the moment and has been smashing it since December. Here's the story for the match tonight:

7 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

They were all accurate at the time. I feel like it's going to be one of those things that gets re-written or misremembered over the years but Cody really was absolutely fucking terrible for a significant portion of his AEW run.

Yeah, I found him annoying and pretentious as fuck in AEW. But literally from the second he came out of the floor for that entrance at Mania looking cool as fuck, I've totally changed my opinion of him. His horrendous neck tattoo doesn't even offend me anymore. Oh how times have changed.

Edited by IronSheik

• Paid Members

Went down the rabbit hole and found a link to a different thread and boy, some of my opinions sure didn't change ;

https://ukff.com/topic/139057-the-one-off-ppv-review-a-match-thread/?do=findComment&comment=3196253

A quick note on the show open before I get to the meat on the bones - we have a mention of the awful "25% chance of retaining" nonsense but worse, scary voiceover man tells me "These are the worst odds ever faced by a champion!" ........ GO FUCK YOURSELVES if I'm supposed to forget that The Undertaker and Sheamus defended their titles in the Elimination Chamber just five months earlier. Since they're so great at numbers, FIVE CHALLENGERS = MORE THAN THREE. Morons.

I'm still relatively unsure about if WWE production and language has improved enough for me to regularly watch, five years after this post about a PPV 13 years old.

And further to that...

Recently dethroned World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho drops a clean loss to Evan Bourne which is sold as star-making but they obviously had no idea where they were going afterwards. 

@BomberPat ... as well as crap at "look good in defeat", let's never forget historically how rubbish they've been on building on the big win. But then, if researching House Show Happenings has taught me nothing else, it's that virtually as many guys pinned Y2J on telly or PPV as prime Barry Horowitz.