When it’s Good it’s Fucking Great.

Supremo

8 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

He wasn't supposed to be written off completely, him and Vince had a tiff after because Hogan had been led to believe the job to Brock would lead to a big rematch at MSG at Survivor Series, and Vince told him, after the killer job, nahhhh. So Hogan refused to go on the Australia tour to try and force Vince's arm (and Hogan was a huge star there, not an exaggeration to say him and Rock were equal attractions for that tour), but Vince said fine, and let him sit it out for a bit. Then they made up so they could do the Mania program together.

I never knew that.

The atmosphere at MSG for a Brock/Hogan title match would have been insane, can't believe that they thought Brock/Big Show was a better option than that.

• Paid Members

I remembered something about Hogan thinking it’d lead to him getting the win back at Survivor Series. Amazing that one of the best jobs at putting someone over of the last few decades only came about because Hulk was essentially conned into doing it.

7 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

I never knew that.

The atmosphere at MSG for a Brock/Hogan title match would have been insane, can't believe that they thought Brock/Big Show was a better option than that.

There would have been no sense in promoting that match, because it would’ve fallen apart in the planning stages. Doing the job again was never gonna work for Terry, brother. The match would never have happened.

• 3 weeks later...

Goldberg's WWE return and program with Brock was fucking incredible. Their blow off match at Mania delivered beyond belief and blew the roof off the fucking place. Absolute box office drama built expertly and executed brilliantly at the elite level. 

Absolutely phenomenal. 

I still maintain that the Goldberg return and run is my all time favourite thing in wrestling. Booked to perfection with the element of suspension whilst playing to his strengths and covering his weaknesses; the initial match, rumble win and mania match are just wonderful.

I can't think of much else that could top it. 

• Paid Members
On 12/18/2019 at 3:48 PM, The King of Old School said:

Wow, I know Hogan loves himself but surely even he could see that him beating Brock for the title at that time would have been a ridiculous decision.

Not for Hulk it wouldn't have been, brother. 

• Paid Members
On 12/18/2019 at 3:48 PM, The King of Old School said:

Wow, I know Hogan loves himself but surely even he could see that him beating Brock for the title at that time would have been a ridiculous decision.

I'd watch it even now.

Even better is if Hulk headlined the next WM beating three of the workrate perves' favourites in a 3 on 1 handicap match squash. I cheered at the end of WM9 and I'd fucking cheer now!

Edited by garynysmon

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

Austin vs. Bret at Survivor Series 1996. I'm not nominating the match, although it's fucking brilliant. Nor am I nominating the build up, which is also brilliant.

I want to talk about the direction, which is simply sublime. 99% of the match is shot from the hard cam or the cameraman on the apron who takes us right inside the ring. There's no shaky camera. There's no switching camera every 2 seconds. It's almost entirely two cameras, it's up close and personal, you can hear and see everything and it adds to a magnificent match rather than detracting from it. God I wish they'd watch this back.