The Tea Spectrum

Gus Mears

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joining in with the consensus, C2 or A3 or thereabouts.

Sir Patrick Stewart is adamant that a cup of tea requires 2 Yorkshire teabags.  Conversely, a lot of people squeeze two cups out of a single bag.  Where are we all on tea bagging?

• Paid Members
Just now, Loki said:

Sir Patrick Stewart is adamant that a cup of tea requires 2 Yorkshire teabags.  Conversely, a lot of people squeeze two cups out of a single bag.  Where are we all on tea bagging?

tenor.gif

9 minutes ago, Loki said:

What kind of question is that, for fuck sake? One bag per cup, obviously. Unless you're letting it brew in a teapot, of course, but even then I'd still go for a bag per cup being poured.

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, Loki said:

A two-bagger of Yorkshire would put hairs on your eyeballs. Doubling up almost always results in tea that's weak as piss. Fair enough if you are one of the poor souls who likes your tea 4C, but no good for the rest of us who want something more than warm water with milk in.

D2. If anyone makes me a tea I always ask for it Northern or the same colour as a plant pot. No sugar either. As for brand, it's gotta be Yorkshire tea. At work we normally have PG Tips, which are perfectly adequate, but some savage bought Tetleys last time out. 

Archived