The Tea Spectrum

Gus Mears

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tea pots are ace. I'll only ever use one in the morning though so I can have a few brews before work. The best ones are those stainless steel ones, keeps the tea scolding hot for ages. 

D2 is my preference. I've dabbled in fancy teas but they're shit. Peppermint is about all I can stomach. 

Did anyone ever copy that fancy Hugh Fearnly-Whithingstall method that was posted on here? 

• Paid Members

I tried Almond Milk with my coffee at work the other week. At first it seemed fine- mixed well. Then by the time I got back to my desk it was lumpy as shite. What the fuck? Was it just a carton that had gone off or something? I presume that's not the norm and I haven't missed anything, like having to stir the fucker for 10 mins from bottom to surface, right? Ralphy, please reassure me that's not normal!

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I tried Almond Milk with my coffee at work the other week. At first it seemed fine- mixed well. Then by the time I got back to my desk it was lumpy as shite. What the fuck? 

Are you sure you didn't put actual actual almonds in your tea?

• Paid Members

Anyone else like a bit of mint tea? I probably drink more of the Pukka three mint tea than anything else at work nowadays. Can't recommend it enough, only pain is you just can't get more than one good drink out of a bag, however much you try. 

• Paid Members

When you are paying the premium price of £2.50 or more for 20 teabags, you want to get your money's worth. If Fred Trueman managed to use the same teabag for the duration of a test match, I should be able to get two cups out of mine.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, PunkStep said:

I tried Almond Milk with my coffee at work the other week. At first it seemed fine- mixed well. Then by the time I got back to my desk it was lumpy as shite. What the fuck? Was it just a carton that had gone off or something? I presume that's not the norm and I haven't missed anything, like having to stir the fucker for 10 mins from bottom to surface, right? Ralphy, please reassure me that's not normal!

Have you tried oat milk? I wasn't sold on almond or soya milk in tea, but Oatley do a "barista edition" that is bloody ace in tea and coffee. Surprised how creamy in flavour it was. 

Archived