Bumping this incase anyone wasn't aware, as I wasn't until last week, but ITV 2 are showing Season 19 of Hell's Kitchen at the moment, it's not even airing in the US until January. This season has gone back to the classic formula of two teams of randomers after the previous two seasons of having past winners, runners up or fan favorites competing. The only differences are the show is being filmed at the Hell's location in Las Vegas rather than it's traditional home in LA and the men's team have a new sous chef in charge in the form of Season 7 runner up Jay Santos, replacing Chef Jocky after 2 years

• 2 years later...

This thread might have been dead like Kitchen Nightmares but now they're both BACK.

Not sure if it's on UK television yet so I acquired the first four episodes of the new series.

It's absolutely the same. Which means I love it because you know exactly what you're getting. And there's always something oddly comforting to me about predictable shows like this.

Disgusting walk ins. Shutting things down. Ridiculous Americans. All you could ever want.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

The way Humphrey says "same car?" like Ramsay has discovered a long lost relative or something.

God, I hate that cunt.

I saw this before seeing the real clip. I just thought it was funny parodying the type of shite Humphrey’s tries to do on a podcast. 

of course, it falls apart when you realise Jake Humphrey wouldn’t actually realise it’s not relatable to his audience which seem to be made up of the real life Train Guys that Bob Mortimer bases his character on.

5 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I saw this before seeing the real clip. I just thought it was funny parodying the type of shite Humphrey’s tries to do on a podcast. 

of course, it falls apart when you realise Jake Humphrey wouldn’t actually realise it’s not relatable to his audience which seem to be made up of the real life Train Guys that Bob Mortimer bases his character on.

At least when you share your Alistair Green shite it’s his attempt at presenting something in a comedic fashion which obviously will have an audience as humour is subjective. This guy literally just copies the clip but with that terribly overdone dual perspective that all social media comedians do. 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

At least when you share your Alistair Green shite it’s his attempt at presenting something in a comedic fashion which obviously will have an audience as humour is subjective. This guy literally just copies the clip but with that terribly overdone dual perspective that all social media comedians do. 

I’d still watch this 100 times before watching a grown man pretend-sobbing over a child or pet “dying”. 

On 10/22/2023 at 3:50 PM, Keith Houchen said:

I wonder if it was Loki who had his Porsche?

No, but my mate has Steve Davis' old Porsche!  

People's take on this story is odd, as if it's a gotcha.  Whereas the whole point of the story is that young Ramsay was such a dick he considered himself skint even though he'd spaffed all his money on a Porsche, and it took his girlfriend's Dad to point it out to him.  So people saying "if you had a Porsche you weren't skint" are entirely missing the moral of the story! 

4 minutes ago, Loki said:

No, but my mate has Steve Davis' old Porsche!  

People's take on this story is odd, as if it's a gotcha.  Whereas the whole point of the story is that young Ramsay was such a dick he considered himself skint even though he'd spaffed all his money on a Porsche, and it took his girlfriend's Dad to point it out to him.  So people saying "if you had a Porsche you weren't skint" are entirely missing the moral of the story! 

I don't quit agree that people are seeing it as a "gotcha", more that its just a stupid thing, and it's presented like it's some sort of morality tale, when it's just...well, stupid. Humphrey and his "High performance" tosh gets routinely laughed at, because it's bloody ridiculous. 

Of course both things can be true. Ramsay was a nob who had bought a Porsche to be Billy Big Bollocks, and didn't think that this would be better served for money on a property,  and I suppose you could be skint and still have a Porsche. Incredibly unlikely, but plausible.

He could’ve found one behind a dirty oven I guess.