SuperBacon

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fucking love cheese. Like to make up a nice board with a strong blue, a soft brie and a chilli cheese. Add olives, stuffed peppers, balsamic onions, a strong pate and some crusty bread. Accompanied by a nice bottle of Shiraz. Perfect single blokes night in. 

(I can’t get on with cheese infused with fruit either, but I’m a bit funny on keeping sweet and sour separate) 

• Paid Members

The cheese sauce on Odeon Nachos. Back in 1997, when it was the UCI, my mate worked there and he gave me a large Coke sized cup of their cheese sauce when I was off sick from work with a cold so I could sit at home and dunk Doritos into it while I watched videos. I drank it and scraped the remnants out with a spoon within 10 minutes.

Odeon is the only cinema I'll pay into. Their cheese sauce is why.

1 hour ago, Scott Malbranque said:

The cheese sauce on Odeon Nachos. Back in 1997, when it was the UCI, my mate worked there and he gave me a large Coke sized cup of their cheese sauce when I was off sick from work with a cold so I could sit at home and dunk Doritos into it while I watched videos. I drank it and scraped the remnants out with a spoon within 10 minutes.

Did he drive a race car?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Scott Malbranque said:

What a top fucking mate that is. Absolute keeper. The kind that you defo don’t ever lose contact with, no matter what, until the end.

Ask him if he’ll be my mate. He doesn’t have to be seen with me in public or anything.

• Paid Members

How inventive have you all been with your cheesing?

We attempted something like this. Sausage meat, wrapped in bacon with loads of oozing cheese in the middle. We’ve tried it twice. First time with extra strong cheddar and second time with Fontina.

The trick is to use a young cheese to get it proper melty, but it’s a fine balance between having that and a proper strong cheese.

When I inevitably fall of the fit wagon, I’ll be trying again.

CE157BFA-C2BE-4F5A-8DC0-90107628ACA4.jpeg

• Paid Members

That looks fucking incredible, Kaz. 

Fuggin' love cheese, me. Very few I've eaten that I didn't like. A classic, mature cheddar is a thing of beauty; someone mentioned the Canadian mature, and that gets a resounding yes - Sainsbury's are the only place I've found that sell it, though. Also, their Mull Of Kintyre cheddar is buttery and sublime. Barber's Cruncher is a satisfying one too. You can't have beans on a jacket potato without cheddar grated on. And Tintern - cheddar with spring onions and chives - is boss. 

Extension of that last one, Cotswolds - double Gloucester with chives and onions - is lush as well. Red Leicester with a bit of Worcester sauce on is king of CHEESE ON. 

One that I haven't been able to get from local supers a while which I really love is Y Fenny - cheddar (I think) with mustard seed and ale. Got a nice kick to it.

Blue cheese, I used to hate, but now think it's glorious. St. Agur is brill, and their Blue Creme version - kind of a creamy spread - goes amazing on burgers. A strong Stilton also goes well on burgers, as well as by itself accompanied with port. And most blue cheeses go well with red onion, whether it's on pizza, in a sandwich, or in a KWESH. In fact, most stinky cheeses go well in KWESH.

Someone mentioned Epoisses - that stuff is dynamite. They soak it in cognac, apparently - certainly has an edge. And a baked camembert with toasted baguette or crostini to dip into it is a great lunch option.

And who mentioned Manchego? I had it with Spanish quince jam, tremendous. 

One of my favourite snacks is just slices of cheese, usually cheddar, with Branston.

There is a very good reason why I look like a fat man fighting to get out of a thin man's body. And the fat man is gradually winning.

Archived