Who wins and how?   

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I agree totally about fighters being themselves and not force the issue, but when you've got a president who berates winning fighters who he doesn't like, it seems like you have to approach it as having to be an arsehole so the human bollockhead books you to throw down, bro.

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I reckon there's mileage in an Austin/McMahon-type feud, where the fighter in question makes it clear he doesn't like Dana, but keeps winning and sticks within the rules so that Plastic Caesar can't do anything to him.

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, David said:

But at some point this all has to even off. We can't have guys strolling around looking like someone dressed up as McG for Halloween. There's only one McG, so go and do what he did, which is figure out something that works for you, and make it happen.

Which bring us back to Dillon Danis 😂

e5b1bed7733416a2c09c0741e522f72b.jpg

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Isnt that what Tyron Woodley is doing?

Hope so. And I hope he continues to frustrate the "Great White" for as long as possible. I almost want him to beat GSP if that match comes about. Almost.

• Paid Members

To be fair it would be quicker to make a list of the champions Dana hasn't had a whinge about at some point. It still blows my mind that a man who directly profits from the success of fighters openly buries them when hes being a mard arse. Big Tim, Tito, Anderson Silva, Mighty Mouse, Woodley, Aldo,just off the top of my head. 

• Paid Members

And you can add Jones, Barao, Nunes, Cyborg, Couture and Ngannou to that.

He even weirdly tried to pull some shit against GSP after the Hendricks fight. GSP talked about it before. Something like after the fight UFC staff were trying to stop GSP from going to the post-fight press conference. So GSP ignores them, walks into the room where the presser is and Dana's been stood there telling the media that GSP was so busted up he had to go straight to hospital. Obviously, Georges walking in exposed that for the bollocks propaganda job it was. 

1 hour ago, wandshogun09 said:

He even weirdly tried to pull some shit against GSP after the Hendricks fight. GSP talked about it before. Something like after the fight UFC staff were trying to stop GSP from going to the post-fight press conference. So GSP ignores them, walks into the room where the presser is and Dana's been stood there telling the media that GSP was so busted up he had to go straight to hospital. Obviously, Georges walking in exposed that for the bollocks propaganda job it was.

That was pathetic. 

He wasn't even being original. Gary Shaw had tried that old chestnut in Elite XC. During a post-fight conference, Shaw announced that James Thompson had been rushed to hospital. Thompson entered the room just minutes later. 

Oh, and I agree with the sentiment that a mixture of sportsmanship and trash-talking is best. A roster full of pound-shop McGregors doesn't do anyone any favours. Could you imagine Randy Couture, Fedor, etc trying to sell a fight by trying to be witty or talking about how much money they make? It just wouldn't work for them, and it would distract from the endearing qualities that made them popular in the first place. 

GSP was different to Lesnar. Lesnar was different to Rousey. Rousey was different to McGregor. Whoever the next big MMA superstar is, he or she will probably be nothing like Conor. 

Archived