Who wins and how?   

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It’s all a bit dull now.

Theres another angle today where it shows Conor tried to jump the cage after Khabib but some guy was grabbing at him and THEN he threw the punch.

All a load of old shite.

Ban ‘em both. Winner of Poirier/Diaz faces T-Ferg for the title. 

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never mind commissions, huge fines, titles being stripped or any of that minor league shit, this is what Khabib is really worried about;

Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov commented “I will impose a punishment tougher than the UFC’s. I warned him. For me, discipline comes first. You do whatever you want in the Octagon, [but] outside — this is the border of civilians, where there are children, women, strangers.”

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

It’s all a bit dull now.

Theres another angle today where it shows Conor tried to jump the cage after Khabib but some guy was grabbing at him and THEN he threw the punch.

That's not a new angle, that was online within hours of the show ending. Most people have chosen to ignore it though.

• Paid Members

Haven't seen it posted yet but this is doing the rounds. Audio from the mid-fight shit talking. Khabib keeps saying 'let's talk now' then at the end of the round Conor breaks kayfabe and goes 'it's just business'. Too late for that. It seems he did indeed 'get in Khabib's head', then realised it was the last place he wanted to be. 

Could be bollocks as well but there were reports that Dillon Danis was shouting 'fucking Muslim rat' at Khabib during the fight. Don't know if that's true but Danis seems a right tosser from bits I've seen, it wouldn't shock me if he did say something like that to be honest. Not saying Khabib should've done his violent bodysurfing bit but it would go some way to explain why he lost his head so badly. 

Danis is a fool. He's basically just went a long way to ensuring he never sets foot inside a UFC cage, the dolt.

EDIT: On the McG video there, it was always obvious that it was only business to him, but these dudes take their shit seriously in that part of the world. Still, with all the hand-wringing and suchlike it's noticeable that Conor didn't complain. He talked shit, he got smacked. One thing about him is he never shirks when he comes up short.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Yeh Conor wasn't as innocent in the whole fracas as it initially seemed. The official camera feed made it look that way though because they missed bits of it.

IMO if we are on about the same angle, the guy is being held back but breaks free and charges at Conor. Conor then throws the first punch which seems perfectly fine to me. Apparently Nevada officials checked the footage. 

Danis comes across well in interviews. Like a normal guy who is a bit put out by the weird practices still cutting around Ju Jitsu. I have no doubt he was gobbing at Khabib but i'm interested to see whats been said. 

I'm going to come out of the closet and admit i'm a Schuab fan but fucking hell. 12 mins into his podcast and the guy is such a big fanny. You would think Conor was just revealed as the Zodiac the way his going on. 

3 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Could be bollocks as well but there were reports that Dillon Danis was shouting 'fucking Muslim rat' at Khabib during the fight. Don't know if that's true but Danis seems a right tosser from bits I've seen, it wouldn't shock me if he did say something like that to be honest. Not saying Khabib should've done his violent bodysurfing bit but it would go some way to explain why he lost his head so badly. 

TMZ are running with that story now, claiming they've got witnesses who were sat in that area. Also hearing that Brian Ortega bumped into Danis out clubbing after the fight, on his own. What a fucking berk (Danis, not Ortega, T-City is cool)

Also, this was quite funny, and even Dana's reaction got a chuckle out of me;

43527267_1857903897611299_47429398668058

50 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I thought the whole Han Shot First with McG was he threw the first punch at the guy leaping over the cage to stop Khabib, the two other guys saw this and then charged him.

To stop Khabib is a big leap IMO. It could have been for any number of reasons that he jumped up - to join in and help Khabib, to stop McGregor getting out or (like you say) to stop him.

McGregor sees Khabib go out, then goes to help, and sees one of Khabib’s men leap up next to him - what would you expect his reaction to be?

McGregor should’ve kept right out of it, and not got involved at all - and the fact that he did obviously reflects badly on him - but I think of all the elements of the incident, his was probably the most understandable and acceptable part of it all. I’m not trying to explain it away, and he should suffer some consequences for his actions, but you can see why he reacted how he did, more than any of the others. Jumping out of the cage like Khabib, or jumping in like the other two (and then one blindsiding Connor) are not open to any interpretation or explanation with only one reason possible.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Haven't seen it posted yet but this is doing the rounds. Audio from the mid-fight shit talking. Khabib keeps saying 'let's talk now' then at the end of the round Conor breaks kayfabe and goes 'it's just business'. Too late for that. It seems he did indeed 'get in Khabib's head', then realised it was the last place he wanted to be. 

LOL at Conor breaking kayfabe. The worst example of working yourself into a shoot. A very angry Russian shoot that you can’t defend yourself from.

1 hour ago, FourtyTwo said:

McGregor sees Khabib go out, then goes to help, and sees one of Khabib’s men leap up next to him - what would you expect his reaction to be?

Well he could have....

1 hour ago, FourtyTwo said:

McGregor should’ve kept right out of it

That.

McG threw the first punch at a bloke who wasn't even looking at him.  Doesn't justify him getting Judas'd but he threw a Judas punch himself.  But who knows, maybe it was just business.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Fox Piss said:

IMO if we are on about the same angle, the guy is being held back but breaks free and charges at Conor. Conor then throws the first punch which seems perfectly fine to me. Apparently Nevada officials checked the footage. 

Yeh theres that, but before that Conor also tried to get over the fence to get into the crowd, a commision person held his leg and stopped him, then Conor took a shot at Khabibs coach who was also trying to climb the fence. The thing you are talking about happened after that.

Conor is incredibly lucky that the commission guy grabbed his leg before he managed to clear the fence.

Archived