I guess using memes about someone sharing Bottom theories makes you feel better and shouldn’t deserve a retaliation? 

Keith and Punkstep I can take - Someone who wasn’t even around when those old transfer threads began however...

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I did a search on google as it was annoying me as to why they had different surnames and there is a theory that this takes place after the live show where they were in prison and escaped and had to change identities. 

IMDB sheds some light on this;

"In the original promotional campaign for this film's cinema release, Rik Mayall and Adrian Edmondson explicitly stated that it was "not Bottom" (hence the name differences, and other inconsistencies with the series in the movie) but they also said that they have pretty much always played the same characters for years (The Young Ones (1982), Filthy Rich & Catflap (1987), and Bottom (1991)) and this was just a new set. Perhaps the films not-so-stratospheric box-office success caused the studio to add "The Bottom Movie" on its video release."

Also, I've always wanted to sign off a letter or email with 'OXFORD UNITED'.

Edited by Accident Prone
Grammar and other related guff.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

"In the original promotional campaign for this film's cinema release, Rik Mayall and Adrian Edmondson explicitly stated that it was "not Bottom" (hence the name differences, and other inconsistencies with the series in the movie) but they also said that they have pretty much always played the same characters for years (The Young Ones (1982), Filthy Rich & Catflap (1987), and Bottom (1991)) and this was just a new set. Perhaps the films not-so-stratospheric box-office success caused the studio to add "The Bottom Movie" on its video release."

Also, I've also wanted to sign off a letter or email with 'OXFORD UNITED'.

Few seasons ago when we drew Oxford United in the cup, I was telling everyone "we were away to the Xylophone Fanciers", to mostly confused faces. 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

Also, I've always wanted to sign off a letter or email with 'OXFORD UNITED'.

What was is, "Oy, Xylophone Fancying Old Regine Deserves Unusual Nine Inch Todger, Exited Darling?

We used to try coming up with one for all the teams in the league, bit failed miserably! 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Cod Eye said:

What was is, "Oy, Xylophone Fancying Old Regine Deserves Unusual Nine Inch Todger, Exited Darling?

We used to try coming up with one for all the teams in the league, bit failed miserably! 

*Regina

But otherwise spot on.

Might as well chuck in another Bottom quote that I regularly belt around (usually when drunk, directed at people I barely know) is from Bottom Live 2, where Eddie turns on the telly for a bit 'Ann & Nick'; "Oh yes...there they are...YOU SAD PATHETIC WANKERS!!!"

God, I fucking love Ade and Rik.

Edited by Accident Prone
I spelled 'Ade' as 'Abe' because I'm a fucking melon.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Cod Eye said:

6 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

"Hello ugly lady. Let's chance idly tickling yours."

Once lost 7-1 at home to Stick Penis Up Rear Socket.

On 8/21/2018 at 11:37 AM, tiger_rick said:

My most quoted line is used whenever I'm going to the local:

"I'm off to the pube with the holiday monkey"

She still doesn't get it. I need a divorce.

Run. Run. Run.

Possibly my favourite British sitcom ever, certainly in my top 5.  I love it.  I've watched every episode and live show so many times, I just watched all of them about 2 months ago  (first live show is the best.  4 and 5 not so much, but I'll still watch them).  I use so many lines from it in everyday life without even realising, and a lot with realising and doing it very much on purpose.  I like the first 50 minutes or so of Guest House Paradiso...the ending is a bit rubbish.

I don't get sad at celebrity deaths.  Never have.  Except Rik Mayall.

I first watched it when I was about 10 - with permission from my Mum.  So much of it I either completely didn't understand or just didn't even realise it was a joke and even now I'll watch it again now and think "aahh, that's what that means"