6 hours ago, Dead Mike said:

https://beyondthejoke.co.uk/content/13292/ade-edmondson-book

Ade Edmondson has an autobiography coming out. Will definitely read it although I fear there'll be a single chapter on Bottom and 7 dedicated to his shitty folk band.

I'll not have a bad word said against the Bad Shepherds. One of the best gigs I've been to, although there was a sad amount of people expecting Ade to crash through a door ala Vyvyan...

• 1 month later...

Woke up very early and in a crap mood, so wanted something that I love to cheer me up.

"STOP FUCKING CLAPPING!!!!" 

That lead me to a few other bits and bobs, one of which was Rik being Rik on Letterman. I don't think it's awkward as the title suggests: 

And the two of them looking really handsome with Jonathan Ross: 

Think I'm going to watch some Bottom today. I miss Rik.

@SuperBacon and anyone else who hasn't seen, you might like this. Same promotion tour as Letterman for Drop Dead Fred except the interviewer is obvs a bit of a fan. Rik talks about Bottom for the first time possibly too. Look at Rik absolutely perk up when the interviewer brings up Bad News. Delighted.

Edited by Chili
Canne spell Fred at this time for reasons.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/23/2023 at 7:53 AM, Dead Mike said:

https://beyondthejoke.co.uk/content/13292/ade-edmondson-book

Ade Edmondson has an autobiography coming out. Will definitely read it although I fear there'll be a single chapter on Bottom and 7 dedicated to his shitty folk band.

After borrowing a copy from the library, you're not that wide of the mark. While The Bad Shepherds don't get that much coverage, Bottom barely gets any at all. The TV show gets a nine-page chapter, plus a couple of mentions elsewhere. The live shows get slighrly more coverage, but still not a lot. The Young Ones gets a small chapter too, although right at the start Adrian explains how he doesn't like to be defined by it, since it only took up fourteen weeks of his life (or fifteen, if you include the musical collaboration with Cliff). There's definitely more coverage of his various musical endeavours than The Young Ones and Bottom combined. In fact, there's probably a disproprortionate amount of detail about his early life and boarding school. While they are obviously important parts of his life story, I'm sure I'm not alone in hoping for more details about his most popular output. He doesn't leave school until page 163 (of 400), so there's 20x more pages about his life up to the age of 16 than there is about the TV show Bottom. It's funny in places, but it's hardly a laugh a minute and the end of the book is particularly depressing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This channel has upscaled a load of comedy, including the Bottom Live shows, and they look better than any version I've watched since I had the VHS. 

Watched the first one this morning and it's still great.

Edit: age restricted. https://youtu.be/uRnx06jiaK8?si=mqMyy-4ppFHsnfrw

PENCIL! PENCIL! PEN FUCKING CIIIIIIIL! 

Edited by SuperBacon