Red Dead Redemption II

Chest Rockwell

I found a £100 gift card i got for 10 years work service when cleaning up some shit so looks like i might pay a trip to Tesco and get it.

It's also worth buying an external hard drive. I got a 2tb one for around £70 last year when i had no room for Battlefront 2.

• Paid Members

Just had a quick bash and, while I can see it taking me a bit to get used to, I think I'm going to really enjoy it and become obsessed with 100% it like I did GTAV...

• Awards Moderator
6 hours ago, Astro Hollywood said:

Not yet, but this post gives me flashbacks to GTA4 release day, when I was dying from hype and my discs refused to install. Got there after a few hours, but that was a bad day.

2l1vp2.jpg.41bf186e12ac591b28231bf61089732e.jpg

• Awards Moderator
9 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Imagine if Microsoft continued to not license a blu-ray drive, wasn't there talk of them not even using physical media at all at one point?

They'll have to produce a disc version for the foreseeable future, there's vast chunks of USA and Australia alone with miserably slow and capped Internet. 

• Paid Members

Microsoft are doing some good things though overall in the gaming side of their business. It's a shame they screwed the dog so totally with their initial strategy - pushing the fucking Kinect and the "all in one living room appliance" or whatever shit had them lose this particular generation, when compared against Sony.

Getting EA Access and Sony deciding they could do without was big for them I think and Xbox Game Pass is great when you consider how many brand new AA to AAA games they put on the service on the games release date. Sea of Thieves, State of Decay and FH4 were all games I wanted on release but can't justify the outlay on the one off purchases especially if I end up not liking the game. Plus with Play Anywhere, it's great for those of us with gaming PCs and Xbones. They've utilising their current gen library *and* the 360 backwards compatible library really well too. They blow Sony out of the water on that stuff.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

It's sooooooooooo good. I've had two glitches so far. One where I got stuck between two objects I should have easily been able to move away from and the second shortly after when I was carrying a deer and I stumbled down a rock edge and when I went to retreive the deer it was just a head sticking out of the rock.

The story is fucking great though. I've made an effort to go around each character to get a feel for them. Bill is a magnificent dummy and Dutch is playing the part of considerate leader so well. I never played the first one but I'm guessing he's much more of a bastard than he's letting on and I can see the tension between him and Arthur being the crux of the gangs story.

I've tried to play tweeter who only kills when I have to but I've accidentally killed about three people and robbed a horse. I'm hoping as the game goes on my Arthur will go full Eastwood and be a grouchy face who only kills when he has to but I don't feel like that's always the option the game wants me to take. 

Also, try throwing a dead body on a fire.......

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Microsoft are doing some good things though overall in the gaming side of their business. It's a shame they screwed the dog so totally with their initial strategy - pushing the fucking Kinect and the "all in one living room appliance" or whatever shit had them lose this particular generation, when compared against Sony.

Getting EA Access and Sony deciding they could do without was big for them I think and Xbox Game Pass is great when you consider how many brand new AA to AAA games they put on the service on the games release date. Sea of Thieves, State of Decay and FH4 were all games I wanted on release but can't justify the outlay on the one off purchases especially if I end up not liking the game. Plus with Play Anywhere, it's great for those of us with gaming PCs and Xbones. They've utilising their current gen library *and* the 360 backwards compatible library really well too. They blow Sony out of the water on that stuff.

I was Xbox 360 through and through during that gen, I was rather please that I chose the 'better' console. So I obviously got on the next-gen Xbox hype train, and then had my expectations dashed with that infamous live stream where they unveiled the Xbox One and blabbered on about how you can hook it up to your telly and all the other things it can do apart from play games. I held onto the Xbox dream for a little while longer, comforting myself with thoughts of the Halo franchise but the price point of the PS4 and it's marketing campaign got me. Really makes me wonder that If they'd barged right out the gate with the backwards-compatibly and Game Pass hype I would've stuck to my guns and bought an Xbone. They royally fucked up by mis-reading the audience and thinking we all want to be off our arses and watching telly whilst playing our games,

Edited by Accident Prone

I'm probably one of the very few who has this who isn't blown away by it but I have been impressed by some of the minute detailing (Blood staining/darkening on face/objects after killing people.) in what I have played so far. I will sink more time into it.

I turned it off last night when a glitch hit and my horse front flipped over on a straight path throwing my character and another one I was carrying back to camp high into the air. The other character and horse then got stuck in the ground and that was it for me.

I didn't buy into the build up/hype train and I just have zero connection with it so far. The introduction/get to grips missions were a needless slog, 1 find/fetch mission would have been enough.

Is that because you're not in to the story/cinema elements and just want to get shit done? I love the slowness and sometimes plodding nature of it thus far. Not sure if I'll feel the same 40 hours in when I'm not even half way but I intend to 100% this and get as much done as I go along and only ever have a 2-3 hour window to play games every couple of days so like to take as much in on these types of games. Unless it's Fallout 4.

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members

And yet the stories are probably the best things about Rockstar games. GTA V had a brilliant story, as did San Andreas, Vice City, Red Dead Redemption 1 and Manhunt. LA Noire and Bully's weren't too shabby either.

I absolutely love Bethesda games, but they can't touch Rockstar when it comes to writing immersive stories and characters you can invest in.