Red Dead Redemption II

Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

What platform are people getting it on, since Sony still don't want to be cool about crossplay?

They've changed their stance on crossplay recently haven't they? Might be too soon for RDR2 upon release, but I'd imagine a patch will sort that out down the line.

• Awards Moderator
5 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

They've changed their stance on crossplay recently haven't they? Might be too soon for RDR2 upon release, but I'd imagine a patch will sort that out down the line.

The mighty Fortnite has forced their hand. Nothing else has been announced but its a good sign. 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

That would be good. I'm too entrenched in Xbox to justify adding a PS4 just for the benefit of playing where most of my friends play. Recently, most of the games we've been playing have been Windows/Xbox crossplay so it's been good. Would be good to have Sony come around for RDR2.

I cannot wait for this. I haven't owned a console for 3 years but hoping to pick one up in the next month or so, mainly for this game. In the past I always preferred Xbox over PS3/4 but now I'm not sure what to go for. Exclusive games aren't important to me although I was a huge fan of Ratchet & Clank and want to play the 2016 PS4 version. But then there's the Forza games on the Xbox that I'd love too. I think accessibility will swing it - the country I'm in seems to be around 95% PS4 gamers, 5% Xboxers. Don't want to look like a saddo.

Anyway, yes this looks fucking great! Been watching all the videos and discussions about what it could be like, without straying into spoiler territory. I'm pretty sure RDR1 is my favourite game of all-time. Top 3 for sure. But you gotta believe the sequel is going to blow its balls off. Eeeeeeek!

Edited by Mr.Showtime

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Preordered via Xbox live last night so I can download it tomorrow morning without having to worry about it being delivered or going out to get it, plus I can install it first thing while I'm at work. I'm happy to pay the extra tenner for that and to save me having to get up and put the disc in every time I play it.