Post An Unpopular Opinion

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

Chorizo is garbage and overpowers every dish it's in.

I think you're right regarding the overpowering, it does have a very strong taste to it. Probably the copious amounts of paprika in it.

But it's still lovely.

1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

Every album Green Day released post-Nimrod is shite.

ANYTHING Green Day have ever done is shite.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

ANYTHING Green Day have ever done is shite.

Whoa whoa lad, let's not carried away here. 'Dookie' was one of the first albums I ever owned and opened up a big door to the world of punk and pop-punk, something I never knew existed.

Up until that point I was listening to fucking Slipknot, Limp Bizkit and Papa Roach, so I don't know where I would be if in Year 8 my mate Ian hadn't recommended I try out Green Day because it had songs about wanking.

I still love 'Dookie' to this day, it's one of those albums where not a single track is skippable. Whilst all the purists complained about 'Nimrod' and 'Warning', I think they're seminal works by a band who were growing up and learning how to deal with adult life.

But then it all went to shite when they slumped for the overplayed dross that is 'American Idiot' and the band felt tired. The album has this awful vibe that I can't quite put my finger on. It might be the production or the mix, the chord progression, the tuning or maybe it's just a collection of real shit songs, whatever the case it was a massive disappointment. They haven't improved since then either, seemingly happy to be a big band who's fan base will buy anything they put out ,at least to keep them going for another few years.

• Paid Members

I never got into The Offspring until a year or so after I got into Green Day (when I heard THAT song whilst playing Crazy Taxi). 

And I'd be inclined to agree with you all these years later purely based on when I went to see a Green Day/Offspring cover bang gig a few years back. The Offspin were great whereas Green Haze were shoddy at best.

Edited by Accident Prone

14 minutes ago, LCJ said:

I don't get what's so special about Nandos. People seem to love it. I don't see why.

I think it's hugely overrated. That may be something to do with me being a vegetarian, their veggie food is decent but nothing better than decent.

• Paid Members
Just now, deathrey said:

I think it's hugely overrated. That may be something to do with me being a vegetarian, their veggie food is decent but nothing better than decent.

Being a fellow vegetarian, I can confirm that not eating meat poses difficulties in a restaurant entirely dedicated to chicken. 

26 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

Being a fellow vegetarian, I can confirm that not eating meat poses difficulties in a restaurant entirely dedicated to chicken. 

I disagree, they have plentiful veggie options, more than many 'quick food's type places, and they've always prided themselves on providing great veggie options. A few years ago they did but the quality really started to go downhill, they recently changed the veggie menu adding 3 new burger/wrap options and they all taste pretty shit. 

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, deathrey said:

I disagree, they have plentiful veggie options, more than many 'quick food's type places, and they've always prided themselves on providing great veggie options. A few years ago they did but the quality really started to go downhill, they recently changed the veggie menu adding 3 new burger/wrap options and they all taste pretty shit. 

Yeah, but it's a chicken restaurant, I would hardly say you or I are the appropriate people to be saying it's shit considering we can't eat what it's designed to produce. It may be a 'quick eats' place, but demonstrably one based on chicken to the extent they have a giant chicken as their logo. I can't imagine anyone saying 'let's go Nandos for a Portabello mushroom in a bun', you go for the chicken. 

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Gus Mears said:

Yeah, but it's a chicken restaurant, I would hardly say you or I are the appropriate people to be saying it's shit considering we can't eat what it's designed to produce. It may be a 'quick eats' place, but demonstrably one based on chicken to the extent they have a giant chicken as their logo. I can't imagine anyone saying 'let's go Nandos for a Portabello mushroom in a bun', you go for the chicken. 

I dunno, the Sweet Potato Burger is pretty great as are the halloumi fries