Post An Unpopular Opinion

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

So this Wednesday, Bridge Hotel in Newcastle, doors 7.30 for an 8pm start... 2-for-1 if you buy online from ticketsource... 🙂

Bloody hell, do I feel like a pillock now. I'm sure it's great, grab your tickets! BOGOF! 

I do agree with Butch in that I did find 'Whose Line...' immensely enjoyable though (when they had the right line-up).

• Paid Members
Just now, Rey_Piste said:

Pearl Jam are an incredibly overrated band.

It's not an opinion many would agree with but outside of a couple of songs, everything after Ten is really shit. Ten is one of my favourite albums though.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

It's not an opinion many would agree with but outside of a couple of songs, everything after Ten is really shit. Ten is one of my favourite albums though.

I Am Mine is a total tune. My favourite Pearl Jam track. 2003s finest

• Moderators

Bonnie Tyler and Survivor both say fuck off. Especially Bonnie Tyler (Well, probably JIm Steinman or Rick Derringer wrote it, but still. Badass) though

Edited by PowerButchi

7 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Voodoo Chile is Hulk Hogan’s best theme music.

One of the things I was a bit gutted about, though of course expected, is that the Network doesn't have that theme. What a theme song - made an ageing Hogan seem cooler.

• Paid Members

Wow, never heard that "Ravishing" one before. That really is the best one. I love Voodoo Chile, but as a wrestling entrance theme I don't think it's better than "Real American" or "American Made", and now I've heard this one, it's way at the bottom.

It's odd how the "feel" of an era can make so much of a difference to how something seems at the time. "Real American" was a great theme for Hogan in his later years in WWE, but there did seem to be a collective understanding at the time he first turned face from the nWo that going back to it would seem a bit silly, hence the "Voodoo Chile" theme. Looking back at it from now, it could be easy to think "why didn't they just use 'Real American' in 2002?" but I remember the culture of the time, and how it would've just been discrepant - I think we weren't quite out of that 90s-born jadedness yet.

On 7/29/2018 at 6:32 PM, FelatioLips said:

Jesse Ventura is a better colour commentator than Bobby Heenan ever was. 

Spot on.

Other than time he cracked up during that Duggan match, Heenan was rubbish in WCW imo.

Mass Effect Andromeda is a good game.

Edited by The King Of Swing