Mission: Impossible

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I've only seen 2, but rather enjoyed it. It was the first time I'd ever seen Dougray Scott in anything, so it gave me a very skewed idea of him as an actor - at the time I thought he'd be the next British break-out star. Of course, I've seen enough of him since then.

I definitely would like to see more M:I films. And I agree with @PunkStep about Thandie Newton in it. Insanely beautiful in that film.

• Paid Members

Before Fallout, the original three Bourne films were the greatest 1-2-3 punch in action films. If you were to consider M:I 3 and Jason Bourne, then Bourne takes back over.

I think the Bourne films have been far more influential and 'important' than the M:I films but I have revisited the M:I series far more.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Just come out from seeing it. Top stuff. TC is like a fine wine isn't he? 

Yep. Gets better with age, and represents a poor substitute for psychiatry.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members

Going to see this immediately after work. Some lofty praise this flick is being drowned in from all corners, so I'm very, very excited about this.

I haven't missed an M:I flick in the cinema yet and I didn't mind the second one. Absolutely preposterous movie on so many levels - and given the realm/franchise it belongs to, that's a fair oul' statement - but it was better than Big Mommas House which I saw the day after it. And it'll always have that going for it.

Edited by Scott Malbranque

• Paid Members

I've decided to go and see it again tomorrow. The only other films I've seen twice at the cinema are Finding Dory, Lego Batman and Jumanji 2. And they were all kids requests. Honest!

Hopefully this time there won't be some twat constantly on his phone in front of me with a laugh like Janice from Friends.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, BigJag said:

Sky Movies currently have one of their channels dedicated to Tom cruise. MI:2 was on a number of times. Which one is it where Ethan has awoken from being drugged then proceeds to drive a BMW through , I think, Morocco?

Rogue Nation, the last one. Where he is drugged back from oxygen starvation, and acts like nothing happened.

8 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

So... Jason Bourne or Ethan Hunt?

Not seen much of Bourne at all, but Hunt by now is a surprisingly well-fleshed character who is aware of his own personal motivations, and yet is *starting* to react negatively-in-general to the BS that he has to go through to win the day. It's almost as if he's working towards an "I'm Getting Too Old For This Shit" situation and there's an edge of comedy leaking into some of the more barmy shit that happens.

564132 for me - but 2 really wasn't that awful, be honest. (RNFGP132 for pedants)

Edited by seph

• Paid Members
59 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

To be fair, Lego Batman is probably the best Batman movie ever. It's a million times better than the Nolan efforts for a start.

To extend its list of accolades:-

* Best non-Pixar or Ghibli animated film of all time.

* Best superhero film except for Superman 2 of all time.

* Best use of Cutting Crew's I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight of all time.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I might go and see it next week at the Trafford Centre if you fancy seeing again, D-Mal.

Kids are off, Keith, and I can't see my daughter sitting through it as there are no comedy animals.

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, BigJag said:

@seph cheers. And as if by magic Rogue Nation is just starting on Film 4 HD.

MI 2 and 3 are also being shown on the Sky Movies Tom Cruise channel tonight.

Spotted RN was on Film4 tonight so have been watching it. It’s great! Don’t know when I’d get time to see the new one but I’d like to, especially after seeing this tonight.