Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
13 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Wonderful stuff from Bamford, there.  Top drawer shithousery!  Not saying this as a Cov fan but for once, Leeds did nothing wrong and it would've been one of the best things ever had Jansson had hooved the ball into row Z as they went for their uncontested goal.

That Roberts kid clearly indicated he was going to put the ball out. No way they score otherwise. Loads of credit to Bielsa, he read it right. Jansson is one of the biggest cunts in the game so glad someone with some class over-ruled him.

• Paid Members
On 4/28/2019 at 12:00 AM, PunkStep said:

Not blue Monkee, you associate blue with Chelsea! Spurs don't 'go' by a colour in terms of nicknames as such, unless you hark back to yesteryear and say you're a lilywhite.

I still do that when referring to my Spursdom sometimes although it's nowhere near as common as Yid.

• Paid Members

Outside of the obvious, Is there a better team to be in charge of currently than Leicester? They were fucking tremendous yesterday. When you look through that squad, it's oozing quality and potential. You've got a Championship winning keeper, captain and centre forward. And there aren't any players for whom age is more irrelevent than Vardy. Good ball playing centre halves in Maguire and Evans. Two of the best full backs in the league. Young, mostly homegrown creative, quick, vibrant midfielders like Maddison, Barnes, Tielemans (who they need to sign up) and Choudary. Gray and Albrighton out wide. Decent players in reserve. They never replaced Mahrez and Kante with enough quality. Imagine if they could? Wow.

There surely has to be some form of clarification on this "putting the ball out for an injured player" procedure. 

For me, it should be quite simple. If the player who's down injured is one of your team mates, you can put the ball out. If it's an opposition player, you play on until the ball either goes out of play naturally, the opposition win the ball and put it out of play, or the referee stops the game.

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, David said:

For me, it should be quite simple. If the player who's down injured is one of your team mates, you can put the ball out. If it's an opposition player, you play on until the ball either goes out of play naturally, the opposition win the ball and put it out of play, or the referee stops the game.

That pretty much is how it works in the league here. But in this case, Villa had put the ball out for a Leeds player earlier and the Leeds lad clearly points to the touchline and then slows down indicating that he's going to do the same. So Villa weren't beaing unreasonable expecting it. But generally, it's up to the ref these days unless you're feeling pretty charitable.

15 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

That pretty much is how it works in the league here. But in this case, Villa had put the ball out for a Leeds player earlier and the Leeds lad clearly points to the touchline and then slows down indicating that he's going to do the same. So Villa weren't beaing unreasonable expecting it. But generally, it's up to the ref these days unless you're feeling pretty charitable.

I think it was the player slowing down before he released the pass that people had an issue with? Although I'm guessing that was more to do with him being unsure of what to do than it was him trying to fool the Villa player.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

Outside of the obvious, Is there a better team to be in charge of currently than Leicester? They were fucking tremendous yesterday. When you look through that squad, it's oozing quality and potential. You've got a Championship winning keeper, captain and centre forward. And there aren't any players for whom age is more irrelevent than Vardy. Good ball playing centre halves in Maguire and Evans. Two of the best full backs in the league. Young, mostly homegrown creative, quick, vibrant midfielders like Maddison, Barnes, Tielemans (who they need to sign up) and Choudary. Gray and Albrighton out wide. Decent players in reserve. They never replaced Mahrez and Kante with enough quality. Imagine if they could? Wow.

It's a brilliant squad that really should have had a better season. Rodgers is a very logical appointment given his success with developing young players with his empowering style, so it's no wonder they've really turned a corner with him there.

I'd argue that they have replaced Kante. Ndidi is highly underrated and has constantly been up there with the highest number of tackles and interceptions since they signed him, along with Gueye and Kante. He's still quite young and is a bit silly sometimes, but that will be ironed-out with experience.

Tielemans is brilliant and is exactly the sort of player we should have tried to sign in January, especially knowing Ramsey was on his way. Barnes has been a revelation since recalled from his loan, too. They do need reliable back-up for Vardy though, especially as he's not getting younger. Iheanacho's development seems to have plateaued since leaving City.

• Paid Members

Citeh Vs Leicester at the weekend should be interesting. Leicester have been a bit of a bogey team foe City in previous seasons. Has the potential to be a title decider.

47 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Citeh Vs Leicester at the weekend should be interesting. Leicester have been a bit of a bogey team foe City in previous seasons. Has the potential to be a title decider.

I can see Rafa rolling over for Klopp on Saturday night. I can also imagine Brendan being extra motivated in preparing his team to allow him to finally get credit (in his mind) for a Liverpool title win. 

Watch Newcastle win 4-3 as the ghost of Keegans past returns. 

Archived