WWE Hall of Fame 2018

DootDootDoot

I didn't have an issue with the length of the show. A couple of the speeches were dull but the good far outweighed the bad I thought. Mark Henry blew everyone else out of the water and in hindsight would have made a great headliner. Jarrett was tremendous too, and I thought Kid Rock was way better than anyone probably expected. I think Goldberg really suffered from already having his big return last year. He essentially got the HOF treatment backĀ then - the big thank you speeches and the WWE 24 documentary. It felt like a bit of a repeat of what we'd already seen, but surprisingly combatitiveĀ in tone at times.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

It's amazing how Jarrett's 2 decades in WCW and TNA basically meant fuck all, and out he comes in a funny jacket and cowboy hat like it's 1994 I've said this before, but I bet somewhere in Vince's brain he thinks the New Generation was fucking class (I do as well, in fairness).

I think a lot of what Jarrett said has been lost. The part about Road Dogg doing him a favour seemed to be put down to "he got him back in the WWE fold." But Road Dogg was the one who stepped in when Jarrett was at his lowest and put him in rehab and helped sort him out. Quite a touching friendship they both have. I recall Jarrett gave BG James a job in TNA in 2002 when not even the worst independents would touch him. They always looked out for each other.

Could easily see Jarrett as a main player in the office eventually.

• Paid Members

Good point there Ian. Jeff was in an awful place earlier this year, and Road Dogg seems to have been right by his side to help drag him out of the depths. It's quite something when you see actual, genuine, friendship's survive in the wrestling business, considering how much of their home lives the wrestler's give up.

Just finished watching it. Yeah, it went on too long. That's why I always just watch it the day after on VLC Media Player on 2x speed.

Henry stole the show. Nearly had me bawling when he mention Owen.

Dudleys speech was great too. Didn't know D'von could be so funny.

I also didn't mind Hillbilly Jim's speech. I was never a fan, but he seemed very humble and an all-around sweet guy.

17 minutes ago, ThumpSquids said:

What did I take away from this years HoF? Paige could stand to wear a little less make up.Ā 

She does come across as quite strange too ay? Better than cookie cutter ultra-normal in my books though, as long as she's healthy and happy!

To be completely fair, I'd point out stuff like some peopleĀ will be up early in the morning as they may be doing Axxess and/or media. The NXT lot will have to be ready for TakeOver and some seats will have been for families who will have been there mainly for their inductee and gone back to the hotel as it was getting on a bit.

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, MEGABUCKS said:

Thats like over 80% of the WWE part of the audience gone. 00:30am wasnt too late to stay to watch till the end. Feel quite bad for Goldberg

Actually considering people were being seating at around 6.00pm, it was definitely too late to stay for many.Ā 

They were pretty muchĀ all family seats, a lot which includedĀ kids. Most of the families arenā€™t typical wrestling fans. A lot will have been thereĀ for their relatives induction, but not give a shite about whoā€™s next (wink).

Who knows though, they might learn from this, reduce the amount of inductees and time cap their speech.

... Will they fuck.

18 hours ago, ThumpSquids said:

What did I take away from this years HoF? Paige could stand to wear a little less make up.Ā 

I remember in the Fighting With My Family documentary she said that when she went to her first WWE try-out she wore loads of make-up because she thought that's what the company wanted but when she went the second time she was more herself, and that she was concerned WWE would want to 'change' her as she was not someone who wore lots of make-up etc.

Of course she was a lot younger then and everyone is entitled to change their mind but with you mentioning that it brought that scene back to me.

Archived