WWE Hall of Fame 2018

DootDootDoot

The first part of the trilogy of action - part of me wishes it was NXT tonight with this sandwiched in between on Saturday for a bit of a breather.

Not overwhelmed by the names but always enjoy the stories. Chances are the inductees' speeches could be just as entertaining. Never been the biggest Goldberg fan so Dudleys, JJ and Mark Henry are the ones I'm most looking forward to. Really hoping Mark Henry brings out the salmon suit!

Oh, and good old Lord Alfred Hayes is going in as a legacy.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
41 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

It doesn’t look like ‘with my baby tonight’ has made it in to the top 40 ahead of the HoF. Bit gutted if I’m honest. 

It didn't make the top 100 but I did see at number 80 a track called Ric Flair Drip by Offset and Metro Boomin. Never heard of them, his I feel old. 

8 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

It didn't make the top 100 but I did see at number 80 a track called Ric Flair Drip by Offset and Metro Boomin. Never heard of them, his I feel old. 

Here you go...amazing yet awful at the same time. (Not entirely related to tonight's HOF, but he's wearing his rings so claiming a technicality.)

As for tonight, looking forward to Jarrett's induction. As has been said on here, it's amazing the amount WWE have put in to this regarding JJ, with all the youtube videos and such, yet nothing really for Goldberg, their supposed headline inductee. Also, echoing the hope for Henry to bust out the salmon suit. Though it will inevitably be a distant second to whatever Michael Hayes decides to rock up in!

• Paid Members

I suspect this will be like every other year. The Red Carpet portion will be brilliant, full of guys seeming far cooler than they ever do on TV because there's no script, they're relaxed and they can just be themselves. Was it last year that Dean Ambrose showed up drunk? Then, I'll probably get through about two or three inductees before turning it off. I always try my best to watch it but every year it's the same thing. Insanely awkward speeches from guys unable to read crowds, waffling on for too long, going round in circles, and generally struggling to speak publicly, despite it being a vital part of a wrestler's job description. I can never put my finger on it, but it always makes for uncomfortable viewing. The dickhead fans don't help, either.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

It doesn’t look like ‘with my baby tonight’ has made it in to the top 40 ahead of the HoF. Bit gutted if I’m honest. 

It's my wedding today & it's added to the playlist for the wedding breakfast. That might have to do.

1 hour ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I’m expecting Ivory’s speech to go on forever based on podcasts and the table for 3 show she’s been on. 

I'm hoping for RTC to make a surprise appearance!

32 minutes ago, Statto said:

It's my wedding today & it's added to the playlist for the wedding breakfast. That might have to do.

Congrats Statto 😀

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Statto said:

Congrats mate. Hope you’ve have a great one.

Regarding the HoF:

I really enjoyed Ivory and Henry’s inductions. Ivory was just really enjoying herself and was happy. 

Actually I’m going on record and saying Henry’s is arguably my fav speech of all time. Every emotion displayed and shared by the fans. Including him popping the jacket on and turning in to hard fucker, and him pleading down the camera to Martha. Fucking magical. His ending lines regarding equality. The lads an absolute star and I’m just sad that we only ever got to see brief snippets of his potential.

Jarretts was fun and again and some sentimental moments. Would love to see him linked to the WWE in some capacity, possibly as a manager, a mouth piece back stage, GM, whatever.

Goldberg came across like a bit of a tit. I didn’t really dig his craic to be honest. He seemed bitter, and a bit of a nob. I found him awkward to watch.

The young lad ‘JJ’ who recieved the Warrior award was obviously very inspiring. Every person they choose chokes me up every year.

I’m bored as fuck of Dana chatting for 10 mins about Warrior beforehand though. I struggle to pretend he was inspiring based on his views on homosexuality. He was an utter tosser. I’d much rather the wrestler who has been befriending the inductee / their favourite induct them. 

Archived