WWE Hall of Fame 2018

DootDootDoot

Hmm interesting point on the headliners. Agreed Christian isn't in that league. But who do they have left?

Rock 

Undertaker

Vince - But will he do that?

Big Show probably justifies it ditto Kane.

Gangrel

Beyond there it's a struggle. Owen but I don't think they'd headline someone who passed away.

Honestly the next headline level guy would be Cena but I can't see that happening soon.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Batista, Rock, Taker, HHH, Vince, Cena, Orton, Lesnar are definite headliners. Show & Kane are possible. After that batch is done, you then have the current roster such Styles, Reigns, Ambrose and Rollins which will be about ready in 8-10 years time.

They have plenty left in the tank.

Ah completely didn't think about Batista. I imagine they'll want to do Batista soon to get some of the Guardians/Avengers hype. Maybe even next year. You know he'll wear something amazing (hopefully blue) as well the magnificent bastard.

Still think Orton will plod along for a while yet.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Wrasslin said:

Still think Orton will plod along for a while yet.

Come on fella it's a Monday. Don't set the week off on a depressing note by telling us Orton is going to keep plodding on. We all know in our hearts that he is going to be exchanging headlocks with Bobby Roode and Jinder Mahal for all eternity, but we don't need to hear it on a Monday. When I say "All Eternity" that's how long every match them 3 have between them seems to last. They say Smackdown is 2 hours long. I'm sure Randy has applied headlocks that last at least 3. 

42 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Come on fella it's a Monday. Don't set the week off on a depressing note by telling us Orton is going to keep plodding on. We all know in our hearts that he is going to be exchanging headlocks with Bobby Roode and Jinder Mahal for all eternity, but we don't need to hear it on a Monday. When I say "All Eternity" that's how long every match them 3 have between them seems to last. They say Smackdown is 2 hours long. I'm sure Randy has applied headlocks that last at least 3. 

I apologise.

Randy is probably on his last legs ;)

• Paid Members

Randy works a sensible style. Can't remember him having back or neck injuries. He's had time off down the years - not always his own decision. He's in tremendous shape and isn't carrying a load of bulk. He also gets a pop from one move. Genuinely think he's got decades left if he wants to.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, tiger_rick said:

Randy works a sensible style. Can't remember him having back or neck injuries. He's had time off down the years - not always his own decision. He's in tremendous shape and isn't carrying a load of bulk. He also gets a pop from one move. Genuinely think he's got decades left if he wants to.

Out of curiosity did he ever pack the tabs in?

Only thing i can think of that might hinder his longevity.

Only injuries I ever remember him getting were the shoulder problems but that was about a decade ago now. Fair play to him, whilst everyone else is walking around limping, sore and broken he'll be fine, in the hall of fame, handsome enough to go into acting and probably not care about how many internet points he missed out on.

Remember reading about Vince body shaming him in Power Slam I think it was, said he had a "neck of dimes" I believe.

He really is in tremendous shape and he works a pragmatic style but always mixes it up enough to remain interesting.

He's another one whose ring psychology is on point with his facials and mannerisms.

Can tell he rode with the best.

• Paid Members

Think we'll be heading into the "stables era" of the Hall of Fame soon. DX, nWo and the Hart Foundation could all headline. As long as you have a big star in front of it, you'll always have a headline act. The Hardy Boyz could definitely headline. Way bigger stars than the Dudley Boyz.

5 hours ago, Wrasslin said:

Only injuries I ever remember him getting were the shoulder problems but that was about a decade ago now. Fair play to him, whilst everyone else is walking around limping, sore and broken he'll be fine, in the hall of fame, handsome enough to go into acting and probably not care about how many internet points he missed out on.

He still gets those shoulder injuries. He was out for a few months when he dislocated his shoulder taking the bins out before coming back and having that match with Lesnar at Summerslam a couple of years ago. I'm not sure if he's had surgery to fix it or if it's something that'll keep coming back every now and then.

Didn't he originally get that injury from dislocating shoulder when he does that punching-the-floor thing before he goes for the RKO?

There's also Jericho, Mysterio and Daniel Bryan. Headliners will never be an issue. It's the undercard that will hurt the most I think. They will soon run out of 80's acts and then will be in the era of Savio Vega, Henry Goddwinn and Harvey Wippleman. All of which I wouldn't be surprised to go in. 

Archived