WWE Hall of Fame 2018

DootDootDoot

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's got nothing to do with this year but i just love Bobby Heenan's speech from 2004. It was perfectly timed, had alot of humour and was genuine. I dont think there will ever be a speech that will match it. Another one that I enjoyed was The Iron Sheik in 2005

53 minutes ago, MEGABUCKS said:

I know it's got nothing to do with this year but i just love Bobby Heenan's speech from 2004. It was perfectly timed, had alot of humour and was genuine. I dont think there will ever be a speech that will match it.

AMEN!  Heenan was the BAR!  The only other one I love of recent years was The Freebirds; cringeworthy at times, but hellish funny in the content.  And Jimmy Jam looks like Kyle Gass's dad!

• Paid Members

I nearly fell off of the chair when I loaded up the show and the little Network timer read 4 hours and 30 minutes. At least an hour longer than I expected it to be. There's a happy medium with this, and WWE have struggled time and again to get it right. 

Whenever they get super tight on time, that's all the inductees talk about, is not having enough time and wanting to be brief. Whenever they let them go on for as long as they like, then you get night's like last night's Hall of Fame that last right up until the start of next year's WrestleMania. 

3-5 inductees as someone else mentioned earlier in this thread, and let them talk for a while, and it should still be under 2.5 hours. Even if there were great speeches the whole way through, people wouldn't come away thinking it was a great show because it's just too long. 

Henry had a great speech, and I really enjoyed Jarrett's. I was hoping they would sing the song and I'm glad they gave it a whack, but by Christ they massacred it! Hilariously bad that was. 

I gave up five minutes into Goldberg's speech and just went back out for another walk with Oscar. I think his poor ears were talked off of him as well. 

I think there should be 5 inductees a year 

1. Major tag team 

2. 80/90s biggish star

3. Woman wrestler 

4. Big name but not headline worthy 

5. Headline act 

who do people think should go in next year that’s not the usual suspects like owen, bulldog etc 

It started at 7am where I am so I wasn't getting sleepy as it went on but christ yeah, far too long. You start to feel bad for everyone there having to sit in the same spot for that time. As already mentioned a lot of it is just awkward, the inductees are often just like us with a bunch of nerves and unfunny jokes lined up. Before it started the Network had it down for 3 hours, which was already gonna be a slog. It was going on so long I forgot there was Mark Henry to come too as well as Goldberg.

Anyways I enjoyed the Dudleys speech (Bubba came off as a bit of a nob sometimes though, couldn't tell how much of it was a joke), and of course Henry and Double J (apart from the end - ugh just do the opening line and turn that fucking song off!). The Warrior kid's burn of John Cena is worth catching a clip of, what a wee guy. My other highlights were Molly Holly, and Lana on the red carpet pre-show. Oh, Lana.

16 minutes ago, Jacko said:

1. Major tag team 

2. 80/90s biggish star

3. Woman wrestler 

5. Headline act 

who do people think should go in next year that’s not the usual suspects like owen, bulldog etc 

Absolutely - couldn't agree more. The fact they are on the network and can go as long as they want really hurts it. Quality over quantity next time please - this took me three sittings to get through.

I'm stunned that The Rock still isn't inducted so surely it's only a matter of time. I can see them turning to part timers like Jericho and Big Show soon and Taker will obviously be a huge one for the next couple of years. 

Echo everything about Mark Henry - it's like a sub headliner smashing it at Glastonbury and completely upstaging the headline act. Goldberg I found to be the worst headline inductee in many a year.

7 minutes ago, Jacko said:

1. Major tag team 

2. 80/90s biggish star

3. Woman wrestler 

5. Headline act 

5 per year? Christ!

as I said earlier, they really need to shorten the number each year or they're going to run out of people who are worth inducting.

it won't be long before we're getting Barry Horowitz and Danny Davis.

why not make it three a year, maximum? And I know it's maybe not nice to say it, but they need to ditch the Warrior Award thing, its cringeworthy when they wheel out Warrior's widow and kids every year.

youd think he had a relationship with the company like the Undertaker does the way they've treated him since he died. 

• Paid Members

I imagine they're waiting for Dynamite to die, so they can put in the Bulldogs in the Legacy wing. Dynamite is always going to be a hard one to do because he's everything they dont want people to think of the business.

Pillman's son is on the scene these days, so wouldnt be surprised if he inducts his Dad one of these years.

The Warrior Award isn't even what the guy wanted to be in the first place, he wanted an award for the hardworking guys behind the scenes that don't get the spotlight on them.

Vader isn't going in when his acorn and uggs combo is so freshly burnt into the memories of anyone who saw it.

Archived