WWE Hall of Fame 2018

DootDootDoot

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The King of Old School said:

Christ i swear the hall of fame gets worse every year. Its so awkward, you can just tell the crowd didnt give a shit about Goldberg.

The problem as I see it is they're running out of actual HOF worthy people to put in it. By making it a regular event with a set number of entrants every year it's become less about who actually deserves to go in and more about just picking folk.

• Paid Members

I tapped out at the Warrior Award. Looks like most of the wrestlers did at that point too from the pictures. Mark Henry and Goldberg sat talking to rows of empty seats.

Half 4 it was and 3 people still left to go. They shouldn't be talking so bloody much. Hillbilly Jim started by saying he'd keep it short but he never shut up.

• Paid Members

D-Von and Mark Henry were the mvps of speeches last night. Hillbilly Jim was very very boring. I enjoyed Jeff Jarretts speech but him and Road Dogg singing and going into the crowd with the wrestlers was very awkward and cringe. 

Went to bed after Henry’s speech. Is Goldberg or Paul Heyman even worth watching?

• Paid Members

I’d say no. 

25 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

Is Goldberg or Paul Heyman even worth watching?

Na. He tried to come across full of intensity, which made him sound like he was being a prick towards people, thanking Nash for breaking his streak on his birthday, so now he owes him one. He thanked Austin in a really strange way and said “I love you Steve, but I’ll smash you”.

Absolutely fuck all reaction from the crowd.

He was almost acting like a heel through most of it. A few bitter comments. But even when he was trying to be thankful, his tone made it sound a bit crap. Other than him properly thanking Sting and DDP, he thanked a shit load of his none wrestling friends that nobody knows. 

Was as boring as Hill Billy.

• Paid Members

I thought Heyman was shite to be honest. Just shouting and repeating himself. Saw comments giving him a glowing review for his little speech. I don't get it. Just standard stuff really. 

Loved Henry's speech. The salmon jacket was a nice touch and it was nice to see how happy his wife and kids were. 

Enjoyed Double J's as well. Must admit when he mentioned Karen I thought 'ohh Kurt's sitting out there' but he's still on good terms with them both isn't he by all accounts? 

And Ivory's speech was nice. Thought she'd ramble on forever but it was fairly short and sweet.

Molly Holly is looking good! 

• Paid Members

The thing with the final Hall of Fame is that everyone wants to go home by that point. There was hardly anyone left when Goldberg was on. There's just no way this shit should be on for 5 hours. That's obscene. Hillbilly Jim's probably still talking now. We didnt need Hillbilly Jim this year. He's not a deal breaker. If they'd have cut him and cut out Dana Warrior's ego trip, this show would have ran smoothly. Devon, Jarrett and Mark Henry were all time great speeches. But the bad far outweighed the good for me.

Kid Rock just came out said his bit and fucked off. Good on him. At least he got that people didnt want to hear a 50 minute speech.

30 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

35417512-39BA-4BB7-A174-7542251E2F17_zps

“As punishment for your desertion, it’s company policy to give you the plague”

”Er, Dad, that’s the ‘plaque’”

Its like you've just had a fight at school and the teachers have just caught you and now you and the guy you were fighting are pretending to be best mates.

• Paid Members

It defiantly went on too long. I get that they want to give each inductee a respectable amount of time but Hillbilly's speech took the piss and wasn't anywhere near entertaining. 

I enjoyed Ivory's speech though, and I loved the passion of JJ's(although the singing bit at the end went down like a fart in a spacesuit). And as others have mentioned, big Mark Henry is pure class.

If they insist that the inductees are allowed as long as they wish for their speeches, they need to cut it down to 3 or4 names per year...

3 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

Christ i swear the hall of fame gets worse every year. Its so awkward, you can just tell the crowd didnt give a shit about Goldberg.

Dudleys were entertaining, so was Brian James ... the most heartfelt speeches were Double-J & Mark Henry.  Everything else was *BLAH*, apart from the little pimp who's now a Warrior.  Goldberg was WORSE than Hillbilly Jim FFS!!

Roll on NXT tonight.

2 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

D-Von and Mark Henry were the mvps of speeches last night. Hillbilly Jim was very very boring. I enjoyed Jeff Jarretts speech but him and Road Dogg singing and going into the crowd with the wrestlers was very awkward and cringe. 

Went to bed after Henry’s speech. Is Goldberg or Paul Heyman even worth watching?

Heyman & Goldberg could have done a short early stint ... they sucked hard.

Archived