WWE Hall of Fame 2018

DootDootDoot

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I remember in the Fighting With My Family documentary she said that when she went to her first WWE try-out she wore loads of make-up because she thought that's what the company wanted but when she went the second time she was more herself, and that she was concerned WWE would want to 'change' her as she was not someone who wore lots of make-up etc.

Of course she was a lot younger then and everyone is entitled to change their mind but with you mentioning that it brought that scene back to me.

I'm all for personal expression, it being a 'show', and characters being a commodity. This looked different. Paige looked wasted, unhappy and uncomfortable. I hope I'm wrong. 

• Paid Members

I think what gets lost in the complaints about everyone leaving is that, to the wrestlers this Hall of Fame isnt real. It's just another thing they have to be at and as soon as they're allowed to leave, they do. Goldberg was at last years Hall of Fame, and he left early as well. They have work the next morning and they've been on the go all day as it is. And they're with their families. It was a struggle for me to get through it just watching on the network. Imagine being there?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Haven't seen any of the Hall of Fame outside of the Dudleyz putting the 'stagehand' through a table, Jarrett and Road Dogg singing and the clips shown at Mania, what theme did they give Jeff? His 94/95 country one or his 98/99 one that Debra used?

Country one. It seemed as if the last 22 years didnt happen. Nearly all of the references were from the mid-90s.

What's funny is, Jarrett getting all teary eyed and thanking Shawn Michaels for what he did for him at IYH in 95. Isnt that the night Jarrett got all pissed off that he had to lose the belt and end the angle that he walked out of Vince?

• Paid Members

I don't think Lemmy's going in. He should do, but the whole point of the celebrity wing is getting mainstream column inches by having a celebrity actually show up. Them inducting Lemmy probably wouldn't even register on most people's radar now, unless they were able to get another rock star to show up and do the induction speech.

Given that next year is NY/NJ, I wouldn't be surprised if Shaquille O'Neal is the celebrity inductee.

3 hours ago, big7thletter said:

for next year i'd have:

Christian
Chyna
Vader
New Age Outlaws
and whatever celebrity... bob barker or ozzy osbourne or some other clown i don't care about

Although he's probably in my top 10 ever, I don't see Christian being a headliner.

Over the next few years I think we have a good few guys to headline. I think Batista could be a good shout for next year.

• Paid Members

You have to assume The Rock's on the cards sooner or later as well. Given that they've had Kurt Angle wrestle a few times since he was inducted, it's not like "holding out in case he has another match" is reason enough not to induct him.

Archived