Hindsight twats

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Is there anyone you feel is an absolute shitbag in hindsight from old TV? With 2018 eyes, the characters from Friends are just the biggest bunch wankers going. Joey is a work shy thick cunt who sticks his dick in anything and chucks them off for little reason. Chandler's one of them blokes who would benefit from a month in hospital. Wise cracking arsehole, who will happily shag his mates sister after years of binning women because they have a minor fault that includes being around this nerd for more than 5 minutes without self harming. The rest are just oddballs who hang around in a cafe all day, in the best seats so Ian cant have a toasted teacake without sitting on those uncomfortable high chairs.

Also all of the Connors family in Roseanne, expect John Goodman. Dan's at work all day, he's 25 stone and he comes home and has to come home to this horror show?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Whenever I've watched Rocky 4 in recent years, I feel quite a bit of sympathy towards the Russians. All they want to do is have a friendly exhibition bout, then you have the likes of Apollo Creed and Paulie throwing racist jibes in their direction and taking the piss out of them. No wonder Drago dropped that prick.

Since Friends has been added to Netflix, a whole new generation have been watching them and it's interesting to see their views. They all think Ross is a massive cunt and wonder why none of the girls wear bras and parade their erect nipples all the time.

Just now, PunkStep said:

They all think Ross is a massive cunt

He IS a massive cunt.  His sense of entitlement towards Rachel is sociopathic and criminal, he thinks he owns her throughout the whole run.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Ferris Bueller.  Spoilt rich kid cunt who abuses his best friend.  Rooney was the real hero despite him being played by a paed.

This is so true. Watched it back on Sunday and thought the same thing. Wanted a sequel where he's living in a bin after his Dad stops letting him stay at home for free when he's 30. 

I watched Arthur (the Dudley Moore film, not the terrible Russell Brand remake) for the first time since I was a young kid last year and forgot how much of a full blown alcoholic the character is. I remember him being a jovial guy who enjoyed to party, but he's about half a can of Super Skol away from full blown jaundice. 

• Paid Members

Barney Stinson from How I Met Your Mother. He's a dickhead when you watch it the first time but try going back and all the charm is gone and he's just an awful person you would never want in your life. Like he's the guy who thinks he's the dog's bollocks but everyone else thinks he's a prick.

Similarly to the majority of The Big Bang Theory main characters. All just horrendous freaks. Imagine having to live or work with Shelton? Imagine how many fights he'd get in to with just about anyone. So unlikeable.

I was watching Summer Heights High for the first time in years recently. Dug out some films and shows I've not watched for a while from my boxes and watched it quite quickly. For the uninitiated, it's written by and stars Chris Lilley. This Australian guy. His thing is mockumentary series where he plays several characters and he tends to revisit some from time to time. Arguably the standout character which was the one that debuted in this series called Jonah who's a Tongan schoolboy who's a big troublemaker. Not only do I feel it's something that never ends well playing a character of a different race (for example, Mickey Rooney as Yunioshi) mind you, it's not the only time he did it. There's one episode where to get out of an English assignment, since the teacher was one he didn't like, he accuses his father of molesting him by showing a drawing of him touching him to another teacher and he's called in and confronted over it until he eventually admits he made it up when his Dad threatens to confiscate his PlayStation. It's certainly one of those things that makes you wonder how they let that one air.

• Paid Members

Some great shouts in here so far. Chandler is the most insufferable arsehole. I'm sure we all know one of those annoying wise-cracking blokes who nobody finds funny. Chandler is the worst of them all. Fucking prick.

I think I once saw Ferris Bueller described as the kind of kid who grows up to be Donald Trump, which sounds about right.

Tim from The Office is a prick. Cracking on with Dawn while her boyfriend is grafting in the warehouse downstairs, constantly winding up and belittling Gareth who probably isn't fully there mentally, wearing a joke Birthday present to work just so everybody knows it's his birthday. Wanker.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Tim from The Office is a prick. Cracking on with Dawn while her boyfriend is grafting in the warehouse downstairs, constantly winding up and belittling Gareth who probably isn't fully there mentally, wearing a joke Birthday present to work just so everybody knows it's his birthday. Wanker.

This one really struck me when I rewatched The Office a few years back. Tim's just an unbearable prick the whole way through, and if it'd been made ten or fifteen years later, people would have been wanting him to get a "Tim, why don't you fuck off?" in the Christmas special too.

• Moderators

I've been watching Friends from the beginning again. My opinion on them hasn't really changed that much, except I like Phoebe more this time around.

Ross and Rachel are both annoying as hell when they're together and I don't care about their relationship at all. Their whole back and forth is so implausible and tiresome it's impossible to compare it to a real relationship so I don't really feel the criticisms here. They are much more likeable when they're not together. Ross is hilarious. I don't care if he's a prick. Rachel isn't really given much to work with and is pretty annoying.

I like Chandler, and him and Monica are a much easier couple to root for.

• Paid Members

I loathed Friends when it was originally running, had to watch it as my sisters were infatuated.

I found I grew to like it more the older the show got. Towards the end seasons, the characters have clearly shifted from where they started to being a blown up caricature of the traits which people found funny.

Archived