Hindsight twats

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Personally dont think Curb ever had a downfall. Still piss myself laughing at Larry as much as I did back in the day. The fact he's an absolute twat is why I like him.

Yep, fully agree,  that’s the whole point. The beauty is you know he’s a twat, but in some situations, he’s clearly the victim and in the right. He’s been a consistent twat without hiding it since day one.

I thought this thread was meant to be in hindsight who ended up being a twat... not who has always obviously been one.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Del Boy from Only Fools and Horses. I watched a lot of these with my parents growing up as I imagine a lot of us have. You know he's a rogue when you watched these when you were younger but its only when you're older you realise he's a complete twat. The episode where he convinces Rodney that he's raped a woman stands out.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Scott Malbranque said:

Hicks in Aliens. An absolute pushover and a chump. Makes the right calls when it’s far too late and lets Ripley do most of the hard work throughout. Particularly at the end when he gets a bit of spit in his eye.

I'd like a follow-up thread, hindsight good guys, where my first nomination would be Gorman, whose only real mistake was not telling the marines why they couldn't use their guns. He was thrust into a situation he was never meant to control and was by no means a bad guy. 

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, The Maestro said:

Del Boy from Only Fools and Horses. I watched a lot of these with my parents growing up as I imagine a lot of us have. You know he's a rogue when you watched these when you were younger but its only when you're older you realise he's a complete twat. The episode where he convinces Rodney that he's raped a woman stands out.

There's one where he gets Rodney a job as a night watchman, just so he can shag the lass Rodders is seeing. What a dick.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Scott Malbranque said:

Gorman had a wonderful redemption, D-Mal, didn't he? Possibly the most heroic act of anyone not named Ripley in the movie. 

Absolutely. About time people recognised that!

6 hours ago, garynysmon said:

The actual staff in the Office annoyed me more than Tim, especially the Swindon lot. Brent took them out for lunch and they sat there with faces like smacked arses the whole way through.

Little slugs!

I did think that they don't really do anything when they're there, but he was a racist in the episode before and they're treading on egg shells round him after he gets angry at being told he's not as much of a laugh as Neil. He's on edge when two of them are saying about the guy who looks like someone they know too.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

There's one where he gets Rodney a job as a night watchman, just so he can shag the lass Rodders is seeing. What a dick.

He's the biggest cunt in the entire world in Royal Flush.

Del boy also tried to sell a baby, took advantage of the mentally ill, ruined his brothers chance of a relationship to get money. Consistently sexually harrassed his best mates wife and complete strangers.

But he's a national hero.

Archived