UFC 223 is McFucked

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, boytoy said:

GSP aside when does that ever happen? Even in boxing titles are only vacated when governing bodies call mandatory defences that are not in the interests of their career. UFC should have taken the title off him ages ago as a condition of him fighting Floyd, it's up to them to decide what to do with their own title.

That's pretty much what people have been saying here. This is a result of the UFC not putting their foot down and telling him that, if he didn't defend the belt, they would take it off him, regardless of the money he brings in.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Fuck this shit for a bit, I'm going for a jog.* God knows what news I'll come back to. Khabib vs Pettis? Khabib vs Iaquinta? Khabib vs Rose and Joanna in a handicap match for all the belts? 

* By the way I'm not, I repeat NOT trying to make weight to fight Khabib. Lose my number Dana. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, wandshogun09 said:

Fuck this shit for a bit, I'm going for a jog. God knows what news I'll come back to. Khabib vs Pettis? Khabib vs Iaquinta? Khabib vs Rose and Joanna in a handicap match for all the belts? 

No way you're making 155

1 minute ago, wandshogun09 said:

Fuck this shit for a bit, I'm going for a jog. God knows what news I'll come back to. Khabib vs Pettis? Khabib vs Iaquinta? Khabib vs Rose and Joanna in a handicap match for all the belts? 

Chuck the belts above the ring, and make it a ladder match!

40 minutes ago, boytoy said:

GSP aside when does that ever happen? Even in boxing titles are only vacated when governing bodies call mandatory defences that are not in the interests of their career. UFC should have taken the title off him ages ago as a condition of him fighting Floyd, it's up to them to decide what to do with their own title.

Hence why I said in my original post that this will hopefully be a wake-up call for Dana to never allow someone to walk all over his company in the manner that Conor has done. 

4 minutes ago, AdamTH17 said:

Hence why I said in my original post that this will hopefully be a wake-up call for Dana to never allow someone to walk all over his company in the manner that Conor has done. 

Yep, but the damage is already done. It might not happen soon but he won't be the last MMA fighter to outgrow the company and this will happen again unless they learn and make changes.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, AdamTH17 said:

In fairness, I was happy when that happened. The UFC as a company are a bunch of arseholes, and they deserved to know what it was like to be on the other end of the negotiating table for once. Of course, they won't have learned their lesson, and certainly not now that McGregor has gone and shown himself up for the complete fucking roaster he is.

12 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Pettis missed weight on first attempt, has 2 hours to lose .2lb then its Khabib vs. Pettis for the belt.

That works out pretty well for Khabib.

Edit: Maybe not, what a weird situation!

13 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Few people reporting that Pettis wanted more money for a title fight, UFC offered less than he wanted and now its Khabib/Felder for the title. Christ.

Helwani now reporting Felder has weighed in. This has turned to an absolute farce. They would be as well just cancelling the event at this rate.

Archived