UFC 223 is McFucked

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, David said:

Am I imagining things or did Iaquinta just get announced at the ceremonial weigh ins as weighing 155lbs exactly and that's he's fighting for the title?

didnt he weigh 155.2lbs this morning?

Yea I noticed that but then again Joe Rogan was practically fucking up every announcement too. 

• Paid Members

Fuck it, all they have to do is weigh Al's smalls and then deduct that off the 155.2lbs he came in at. And as long as they weigh 2oz or more, we have a title fight! 

I know that's ridiculous but after this week, sod it. Who's really going to complain? 

I know it's card subject to change but I wonder how many pissed off people there are who had shelled out for the PPV prior to McG  trying to destroy a coach quicker than Barry Bennells cellmate.

• Paid Members

Hilariously, Dana has fucked off the commission and declared that if Al wins he's the champion according to the company. Dana has completely given up after this week, I imagine.

Come on, Al! What a story this will be if he wins.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I, erm...

31 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Fuck it, all they have to do is weigh Al's smalls and then deduct that off the 155.2lbs he came in at. And as long as they weigh 2oz or more, we have a title fight! 

I know that's ridiculous but after this week, sod it. Who's really going to complain? 

I was actually joking with this post but...

image.jpg

:confused: 

I guess Al wouldn't take the fight unless the belt was on the line, which is fair enough. He's benefited big-time, he's getting a title shot and a hike in pay likely.

only reason I don't want him to win is that it would be Conor's luck that he acts the dick, then Khabib has 100 changes in opponent and ends up losing, meaning McG can come back without having to face him.

i want to see Khabib face McG if he comes back, no one else.

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

I know it's card subject to change but I wonder how many pissed off people there are who had shelled out for the PPV prior to McG  trying to destroy a coach quicker than Barry Bennells cellmate.

I think short notice fights with non top stars would be a big reason, which Conor had nothing to do with. Tony Ferguson pulls out with 6 days to go, then Max Holloway pulls out with 1 day. They tried Anthony Pettis but got Al Iaqunta.  

Usually it's the main event and then the co-main which casuals care for, strong mid cards are good for hardcore fans, not really casuals.

• Paid Members

Just to add to the craziness, I saw on Helwani's twitter that the 7th April is 11 years to the day since Matt Serra shocked the world and KO'd GSP. 

I know Khabib's almost certainly going to make us all look silly for even daring to consider the upset but how mad would that be if Iaquinta somehow pulls this off on the very same date that his mentor defied the odds 11 years ago?! 

Utterly disgusting. The deplorable cunt needs locking up for a while. This video does a good job in demonstrating the severity of the whole situation. He genuinely shouldn't ever be allowed to fight again.

• Paid Members

I'm shocked they put the footage on Embedded. He's a fucking prick. I want him to fight again so bad now. I want Khabib to kill him.

What a turnaround by the end of that video though. Absolute scumbags smashing windows at the start, then it cuts to Longo and Serra talking about Strong Island upsets and I nearly burst into tears of joy.

CAN YOU IMAGINE?!

24 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I'm shocked they put the footage on Embedded. He's a fucking prick. I want him to fight again so bad now. I want Khabib to kill him.

What a turnaround by the end of that video though. Absolute scumbags smashing windows at the start, then it cuts to Longo and Serra talking about Strong Island upsets and I nearly burst into tears of joy.

CAN YOU IMAGINE?!

Couldn't be in more agreement. I don't think he should be allowed to compete again but fucking hell I'd relent if it meant we got to see Khabib mauling him for 25 minutes. That's the only thing that could make me want to see him step into a cage again. I want to see Khabib twist his neck off.

I did have to laugh at the transition in the embedded video from the sign about "spreading love" instantly moving to a shot of McGregor trying to hammerfist down a window. That as well as Artem completely realising he's well and truly in the shit when Conor throws the dollie at the bus.

DaJJt3-WAAA_1OV.jpg:large

Archived