UFC 223 is McFucked

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Chunk said:

I actually appreciate it. It means news gets aggregated in a single place. Saves me looking in multiple places. Admittedly a lot at the moment is coming from Helwani but that's no big deal. Chuck in that I also get to read UKFFers opinions / reactions and I'm happy. Its really not that bad - not like 20 people are all posting the same thing every time there's a development.

I honestly think this forum is the finest for when it comes to MMA discussion, but that's the key word, discussion.  For me, it differentiates between a discussion forum and a chat room.  As you say, Helwani was providing the updates so why some people feel the need to get the scoop on here by just parroting his Twitter feed just cunts up the fine forum.  I appreciate that this is a big story but do we really need to see post after post of what Helwani has Tweeted?  We even had a fucking post saying that there has been no update, cheers for that, your Pulitzer is in the post.

Live chat is shit.  Can you imagine live chat for a PPV? We'd have to wade through page after page of tripe to get to that good discussion we all like. "Ooh good takedown"  "Ariel is having a sandwich for lunch"  Fuck that shit.

2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I honestly think this forum is the finest for when it comes to MMA discussion, but that's the key word, discussion.  For me, it differentiates between a discussion forum and a chat room.  As you say, Helwani was providing the updates so why some people feel the need to get the scoop on here by just parroting his Twitter feed just cunts up the fine forum.  I appreciate that this is a big story but do we really need to see post after post of what Helwani has Tweeted?  We even had a fucking post saying that there has been no update, cheers for that, your Pulitzer is in the post.

Live chat is shit.  Can you imagine live chat for a PPV? We'd have to wade through page after page of tripe to get to that good discussion we all like. "Ooh good takedown"  "Ariel is having a sandwich for lunch"  Fuck that shit.

Tell you what is good, though. Three posts moaning about the quality of the thread.

Just let it go. Have a coke and a smile. It was a crazy day and people were just trying to keep up. Maybe not the greatest discussion ever, but I was glad of the updates. I like everyone’s enthusiasum. It’s not the same as a PPV as they have a defined start and end time. This was just chaos and no one knew what was going on.

Anyway, Al Iaquinta’s about to be the interim who-knows-what-the-fuck-is-going-on-weight champion of the world.

All is well.

51 minutes ago, Chunk said:

I actually appreciate it. It means news gets aggregated in a single place. Saves me looking in multiple places. Admittedly a lot at the moment is coming from Helwani but that's no big deal. Chuck in that I also get to read UKFFers opinions / reactions and I'm happy. Its really not that bad - not like 20 people are all posting the same thing every time there's a development.

Same as, especially for people like myself not on facebook or twitter. Love reading it.

1 minute ago, TildeGuy~! said:

fake-tweet20180406-12-1nk71lh.jpg

Haha, I love you Keith but that’s fucking brilliant..

In other news, could there be a worst outcome for Conor than an Al Iaquinta win?

Suddenly he’s an afterthought in that division almost. There’s no impetus whatsoever in Al/Conor, but an Al/Khabib rematch and Al/Tony both have legs.

31 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Tony mightn't have legs for much longer if he keeps kicking shit like he's Tong Po. 

Have you seen his form dead lifting & throwing tyres, surprised his knees and both don't give out, its agonising to watch. His stick is doing crazy stuff and this was an apparent accident but maybe he put too much strain on his body and it was a ticking timebomb, with how crazy his workouts are.

Archived