UFC 223 is McFucked

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I love 'Ragin Al. Team Iaquinta for the win. Imagine how red Dana will be on Saturday night if Iaquinta is the new LW champ and then fucks off back to selling houses on the Jersey shore. Dana will just spontaneously combust at ringside. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Seriously, fuck off with your live chat, we can all check his fucking Twitter.

I actually appreciate it. It means news gets aggregated in a single place. Saves me looking in multiple places. Admittedly a lot at the moment is coming from Helwani but that's no big deal. Chuck in that I also get to read UKFFers opinions / reactions and I'm happy. Its really not that bad - not like 20 people are all posting the same thing every time there's a development.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Iaquinta won’t be able to become champion as he didn’t make champion weight.

But if he wins he’s practically an interim champion. Which is even funnier.

Ah shite, I hadn't realised he didn't hit 155. Ah well, if he manages to beat Khabib then the in-cage promo after the fight would be hilarious, as well as his appearance on the MMA Hour on Monday. Win or lose, I don't see Iaquinta going down easily. He's a dangerous fighter and game as fuck. Either we get Khabib as the kingpin tomorrow night or we get the whole division ripped up and thrown in the air yet again. Whatever happens is bound to be interesting that's for sure. 

Bet Raging Al is Raging he didn't take his boxers off at weigh in, they probably weighed more than .2 or whatever he came over championship weight.

They printed out 2 Anthony Pettis signs for press interviews and said they didn't have one for him right now, so he made his own and told them to forget about it, great stuff.

Let's make a slight presumption that Khabib beats Raging Al tomorrow evening. From there, I think the UFC will take one of two routes. They could re-schedule Khabib vs Tony for the summer. I know Dana washed his hands of that fight earlier in the week, but I suspect that he will change his tune once the dust settles from UFC 223. If this indeed happens, Max's move to lightweight would be put on hold for a bit. Therefore, Max's next step would be to defend his featherweight belt against Ortega.

An alternative route could be to re-schedule Max vs Khabib for the summer. This could happen if Max decides to abandon the featherweight division altogether and vacate his title. There is a chance that he will do this. As Max has stated himself, he is on borrowed time at featherweight. A move to lightweight was already in the back of his mind before he got the call to fight Khabib earlier in the week. If all this happens, I presume Ortega would fight the winner of Cub vs Edgar for the vacant featherweight title. Ferguson would be presumably left out in the cold for a bit. 

Personally, I prefer the first route. 

• Paid Members

God, I hope he Serra-GSP 1's the fuck out of this. 

He won't but just imagine that? For a relatively small team out on Long Island, Serra-Longo would then have on their résumé 3 of the biggest shockers in MMA history - Serra over GSP, Weidman over Anderson and Iaquinta over Khabib. Like I say, won't happen but I'd love to see it. 

Archived