The Batshit World of Noel Edmonds

Gus Mears

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

I feel like I should probably be banned for constantly dropping in my own links, but on the other hand, where else can you read about this shite? I only became aware of this recently, in what turned out to be a great forgotten piece of the Edmonds Canon. In 1986, Noel had a week of pilot shows on American late night, which were a critical and creative disaster, as his chuckling Britishness did not gel with American sensibilities at all.

• Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, Astro Hollywood said:

I feel like I should probably be banned

You gonna ban yourself? 

It's one thing to self-promote in a barely-related thread with a weak link. It's quite another to post outstanding, unique content hyper-relevant to the topic. 

(You're the second one btw) 

It is quite the find too, how did you come across it? I'd never heard of it. And it wasn't exactly groomed for success being in the midnight slot was it? I can just imagine how grating it was, even if it was a UK show. The pants thing... the plastic chair gimmick... the tea drinking 'game'... Ugh. 

And how odd that the Keyboard Cat guy turned up? 

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

It is quite the find too, how did you come across it? I'd never heard of it. And it wasn't exactly groomed for success being in the midnight slot was it? I can just imagine how grating it was, even if it was a UK show. The pants thing... the plastic chair gimmick... the tea drinking 'game'... Ugh.

I found it when someone tweeted a clip of Brucie's American gameshow, and there was a comment in there about Edmonds having a pilot. Within 0.000001 seconds, I was on Youtube with my trousers round my ankles. Weirdly, the midnight slot's quite prestigious, as that's where Letterman, Conan, and currently Jimmy Fallon have aired from. But as you say, with that content... no chance. Even for Noel, it blew my mind when I realised the pants game had eaten up 10 minutes on the previous episode too.

• Moderators

Check the cast list. It's like that thread on here about Dave Courtney's films with Jo Guest.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1618970/

If George Wendt on House Party fucks you up, I regret to inform you he once starred as himself in a Birds of a Feather Christmas special.

Years ago Auntie Sylvie told the sisters that they were adopted and now she has died they get to see their birth certificates, stating that their real father was called G. Hamilton. They get it into their heads that this is the American actor George Hamilton, who could have been in the area at the time and, thanks to Dorien, who of course goes with them, they fly out to Hollywood to meet their daddy. Their plans to confront him do not go well as they are chased off the film set but they are befriended by actor George Wendt, who eventually arranges a meeting with the perma-tanned player. Inevitably he is not their father and, on return to Chigwell, the truth is far less glamorous

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0526277/?ref_=nm_flmg_slf_58

Edited by Astro Hollywood

• 3 years later...
  • 7 months later...