The Celebrity Sexual Harassment and Rapists Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
Just now, Brewster McCloud said:

Well, yeah, but I'm curious - he seems like the nicest guy in the world when he's talking about horror movies and whatnot in David Byrne documentaries.

I'm sure Jennifer Jason Leigh agrees!

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, Brewster McCloud said:

I know not of the scuttlebutt. Oh well. Until I hear otherwise I'll still hold him in high esteem for Trading Places and American Werewolf. 

Your starter for 10 https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twilight_Zone_accident

https://medium.com/@chrisdarkes/tragedy-is-stranger-than-fiction-5a9a26459615

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.pajiba.com/AMP/celebrities_are_better_than_you/john-landis-feud-with-eddie-murphy-over-twilight-zone-movie-deaths.php

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

7 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Blimey. That's a bit of a bastard. I must admit, I've just had a quick peak and I'll read them fully tomorrow, but shit... I always thought he was one of the good guys.

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, David said:

He has no real reason to hide though, does he? He's not been found guilty of anything. If he's eventually found guilty then it's a different story, but until then he's allowed to live his life as an innocent man.

The case in the US was dropped, but Metropolitan Police are still investigating a number of allegations here

3 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

The case in the US was dropped, but Metropolitan Police are still investigating a number of allegations here

Yeah, absolutely. But until he's actually convicted of anything he's considered innocent in the eyes of the law, and and as such he should be able to go about his business as he sees fit. If and when he's convicted it's obviously a different story, but he shouldn't be expected to go into hiding due to allegations.

R Kelly is facing more charges of soliciting underage sex I see.

I had forgotten though that he is generally accepted to have started  raping Aaliyah at aged 12, before "marrying" her at 15.  He produced her first album called "Age Ain't Nothing but a Number" ?

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, David said:

Yeah, absolutely. But until he's actually convicted of anything he's considered innocent in the eyes of the law, and and as such he should be able to go about his business as he sees fit. If and when he's convicted it's obviously a different story, but he shouldn't be expected to go into hiding due to allegations.

The stories that have come out (pun unintended) about him on film sets and his coinduct at The Old Vic mean even if he is not charged, that he is clearly a piece of work.

5 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

The stories that have come out (pun unintended) about him on film sets and his coinduct at The Old Vic mean even if he is not charged, that he is clearly a piece of work.

I'm not saying he isn't, but being a piece of work isn't against the law, sadly. He should be free to pursue his business interests as he sees fit, while individuals and organisations should be free to decide if they don't want to work with him, of course.