The Celebrity Sexual Harassment and Rapists Thread

Devon Malcolm

4 minutes ago, Really Big Shoe said:

That isn't the point though. They aired both documentaries at the same time yet one documentary has received a gigantic amount of press (Leaving Neverland), whilst the Weinstein one hasn't even registered on the radar. If we're drawing attention to sex abuse then both documentaries should have been equally highlighted.

The Weinstein doc got more press than my expose of Noncey Geoff who lives down the road.  There is clearly a conspiracy to keep me under wraps.

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

never said it's ok, I don't think it's ok. But there is difference between grooming (ala Saville) and teenage girls who purposely aimed to sleep with a musician. They were taken advantage of due to their age, but they put themselves in that situation knowing what they were doing.

Well, no, they didn't know what they were doing in a legal sense. That's exactly what age of consent means; they're too young to understand what they're doing.

32 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Here's a thing. He was nearly bankrupt before he died. If he is blackballed from all radio stations/Spotify etc, what royalties exactly are they going to get a percentage of? Seems to be a bit of a flaw in that argument. 

He still had a net worth of $500m (£350m) before he died. He owned half of the Sony/ATV publishing catalogue which his estate sold to Sony for $750m in 2016. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Really Big Shoe said:

He still had a net worth of $500m (£350m) before he died. He owned half of the Sony/ATV publishing catalogue which his estate sold to Sony for $750m in 2016. 

So what royalties does a sold publishing catalogue generate? 

23 minutes ago, gmoney said:

So what royalties does a sold publishing catalogue generate? 

The Jackson estate currently owns his Epic Records catalogue and all unreleased recordings. Epic (a division of Sony Music) still distributes this catalogue.

The estate also owns all of Jackson’s songwriting credits, as well as the catalogues of several other artists. These songs are all sub-published by Sony/ATV, of which Jackson owned half between 1995 and 2016.

13 minutes ago, gmoney said:

You can scratch any royalties of his own work - remember this was *your* point. 

My *point* was they are or will likely both seeking damages from the estate which has already generated $825m since 2009. "Your" point was there was/is there's no money to get a cut off if I'm not correct saying he was bankrupt or near to it.

Their "story" has nothing to do with getting justice, what are they going to do exhume his remains and lock them in prison?. Wade Robson if he is telling the truth has commited perjury as he said, in a court of law, he was never even touched inappropriately by Michael Jackson. Plus they both had ample opportunity to testify during the Arvizo court case. 

The whole mob mentality here of attacking someone with a differing opinion is telling also. 

Edited by Really Big Shoe

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Really Big Shoe said:

The whole mob mentality here of attacking someone with a differing opinion is telling also. 

Who's attacking you?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

I wonder how much it cost to maintain that ranch he lived in. Its pretty much a big theme park on his land. You have to have people there all the time to sort out any mishap with the rides. I just imagine him and Bubbles getting stuck up the Farris Wheel like Richie and Eddie if there was no people to work all the rides and trains and shit.

We were talking about this yesterday as Neverland is currently up for sale. It's a massive, massive property with lakes, pools, a professional quality cinema, a zoo, dance studios, stables, a fire station, it's own railway and God knows what else.

It might be going (relatively) cheap, but I'm not surprised there's no takers because the upkeep on the place must be insane.

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, Really Big Shoe said:

Their "story" has nothing to do with getting justice, what are they going to do exhume his remains and lock them in prison?.

This is ridiculous. Someone getting their day in court and having the wrongdoing against them being legally recognised is incredibly important in itself and it doesn't necessarily have to be tied to the punishment that the person who wronged them receives. I can give a million example of this off the top of my head but hopefully just stating it like that makes you realise how wrong what you've said is.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

2 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

I wonder how much it cost to maintain that ranch he lived in. Its pretty much a big theme park on his land. You have to have people there all the time to sort out any mishap with the rides. I just imagine him and Bubbles getting stuck up the Farris Wheel like Richie and Eddie if there was no people to work all the rides and trains and shit.

Maybe getting 'stuck' up there was the idea...

'Oh look Macaulay, your Jesus Juice is empty..'