UFC 217: Bisping vs St Pierre

wandshogun09

• Paid Members

On paper it sounds like the same kind of fight. But you have to also take into account that GSP's been gone for 4 years, Kennedy was active at the time and coming off a little 3 fight win streak. Also, Bisping had been sidelined a whole year going into that fight with the eye surgery. There's certainly similarities between GSP and Kennedy's fighting styles. But I'd say there were other factors and Kennedy was the more natural middleweight than GSP. 

Saying that, Bisping is also coming into this fight off a year layoff. The last time he was out this long (vs Kennedy) he had one of his worst showings ever. Plus, and this is really a point that we might've all been overlooking, Bisping's coming back off a knee injury. That could potentially have put a dent in his defensive wrestling maybe?

Man, there's so many things to factor in with this fight. I'm still favouring Bisping, largely because of the unknown factor with GSP. I'm just not sure what GSP we're getting. But at this point I pretty much give up trying to figure it out. I'm ready to watch this fucker play out now. 

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cody No Love is a pound shop Conor McGregor. He had a mare at the press conference yesterday, claiming TJ taught the Alpha Male team about PEDs and declaring himself the best pound for pound bantamweight in the world. 

He's done a remarkable job in making me want TJ Dillashaw to win a fight. 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Guy Bifkin said:

Cody No Love is a pound shop Conor McGregor. He had a mare at the press conference yesterday, claiming TJ taught the Alpha Male team about PEDs and declaring himself the best pound for pound bantamweight in the world. 

He's done a remarkable job in making me want TJ Dillashaw to win a fight. 

Ditto. It's really a testament to how much of a bell end Cody G is that it's made me root for TJ Dillashaw.

Lest we forget

TJ-Dillashaw-contrajo-Rebecca-Reynoso_MI

• Paid Members

Whilst it is a bit Tim Sylvia/UCW Gangster, at the same time I can see the logic: how many people on the planet get to have a wedding as the confirmed, official Best In The World At What They Do? It's a rare opportunity. Plus, he may not get another chance again.

• Paid Members

Cody is just a bit thick. When he's outside of wanting to cave a face in, he comes across as a reasonable (if dull) guy. He just falls to bits the minute he gets a bit of a verbal wind up; lacking the quickness/sharpness to even hang with bloody TJ Dillashaw.

Also, what a brilliant picture:
025_Joanna_Jedrzejczyk_and_Rose_Namajuna

• Paid Members

Aye. Her IG page is a must, if some haven't already followed her. Her 'stories' are where it's at, particularly the mad stuff she writes on her water bottles. They typically get progressively more viscous as she progresses through fight camp.

For give me if someone has already brought it up in here, but if she wins she ties Rousey's win streak. She's truly brilliant.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Dead Mike said:

Ditto. It's really a testament to how much of a bell end Cody G is that it's made me root for TJ Dillashaw.

Lest we forget

TJ-Dillashaw-contrajo-Rebecca-Reynoso_MI

how have i never seen that before?

#teamgarbrandt

• Paid Members

The thing I take from that most is how happy he seems. Contrast that with how miserable he was on  his last fight week in 2013 for the Hendricks fight. Regardless of the outcome tomorrow night it's nice to see him enjoying the whole process again. 

• Paid Members

I'm nervous for George. I'll be happy if he just comes out of it not looking a shot fighter and a bit of an embarrassment.

As discussed in here, one of the more admirable things about GSP was his initial exit from the sport. I just hope this doesn't undo anything. I like my memories of the incredible GSP that helped solidify my investment in the sport.

Archived