UFC 217: Bisping vs St Pierre

wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Cody said on the Rogan podcast (worth listening too, it'll change your opinion on the bloke). that he thrives off the anger and emotion. Whereas some guys allow it to make them reckless, Cody seems to have the ability to channel it into a gameplan. I dont think anyone expected what he did against Cruz, incredible performance.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yeah, from what I've heard and read about Garbrandt, he's a prime example of "being a good person doesn't necessarily make you a nice person". He's definitely a good guy, but he's absolutely awful in interacting with other people.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Cody said on the Rogan podcast (worth listening too, it'll change your opinion on the bloke). that he thrives off the anger and emotion.

Dunno, it's easier for him to keep his gameface on for the duration of an interview. Over a longer period of time like on TUF it's a much harder task, the mask slips & he's revealed as the massive bell end we all saw.

• Paid Members

Yeah, he seems a twat. Great fighter but a proper meathead div. I haven't seen the Rogan podcast he was on yet but I imagine Rogan was licking his arse for most of it. So it's going to be easy for Cody to come off well when it's a nice friendly love-in and he's being told how awesome he is for 2 and a half hours. 

Fuck, War Machine probably came off as nothing more than a bit dopey and odd on Rogan's podcast. Not the absolute horrible waste of DNA he is. 

Also, it's easy for him to say now when it's all going well, 'Dude I can totally channel my anger, bro' and all that. We'll see when he finally loses a fight. 

Not to compare him to Mayweather but I remember when people used to say Mayweather was really actually a nice bloke because he was gracious towards his opponents in his post-fight interviews (again, easy when you've won) and was nice to fans at signings and stuff (they were probably paying). All well and good. Then he'd go home and slap his missus about in front of the kids.

• Paid Members

Thing about Garbrandt is that he's demonstrably not a bad guy; the stuff he did for that kid with leukaemia shows that he's probably a good guy with a shit attitude. Sort of like Snape from Harry Potter.

• Paid Members

Definitely, I'm sure he's got his good points. But nobody's 100% cunty, 100% of the time. Hitler was probably a lovely lad when he popped round his nan's for Sunday dinner. When Monday morning rolled round though, it was back to putting fuckers in the gas chamber. 

Yeah, I compared Cody Garbrandt to Adolf Hitler. What of it? 

• Paid Members

Thing is, we all make these character assessments based of snippets of video and edited tv shows, also based on how someone reacts when they are competing in the most stressful of sports (which is definitely unfair). The only people who really know these guys are the people close to them. 

...all im saying is after seeing him on Rogan with Faber i started to liking him a lot more than i did before i saw it 😂 I love him a fighter though.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Definitely, I'm sure he's got his good points. But nobody's 100% cunty, 100% of the time. Hitler was probably a lovely lad when he popped round his nan's for Sunday dinner. When Monday morning rolled round though, it was back to putting fuckers in the gas chamber. 

Yeah, I compared Cody Garbrandt to Adolf Hitler. What of it? 

I think Hitler would be the exact opposite. Probably nice as pie to anyone who met him socially (provided they were white), but evil as fuck underneath the exterior.

• Paid Members

All true Egg, it probably is a bit unfair. But at the same time, if we go by that logic we'd never really have an opinion on anyone, good or bad. And where's the fun in that? 

And although shows like TUF are chopped up and edited, they can only use what you give them. If Cody wasn't being a cock they'd have had a hard time making him look like one. But it was a constant theme throughout that season. He even carried on like that during the McGregor-Faber season. He was only on camera for a minute and still managed to out himself as a bit of a tantrum throwing nob, flying into a rage and getting in McGregor's face over a minor bit of shit talking between him and Faber. And that wasn't down to being in a stressful sport. It wasn't his fight, wasn't his season of TUF to coach etc. He was just supposed to be in the background as part of the coaching staff. 

It's rare I root for TJ Dillashaw but I guess there's a first time for everything. 

• Paid Members
On 10 September 2017 at 10:56 PM, wandshogun09 said:

B1uV.jpg

PPV MAIN CARD

Michael Bisping vs Georges St Pierre - Middleweight Title

Cody Garbrandt vs TJ Dillashaw - Bantamweight Title

Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs Rose Namajunas - Strawweight Title

Stephen Thompson vs Jorge Masvidal 

Johny Hendricks vs Paulo Borrachinha 

FOX SPORTS 1 PRELIMS

Joseph Duffy vs James Vick

Walt Harris vs Mark Godbeer

Ion Cutelaba vs Michal Oleksiejczuk

Mickey Gall vs Randy Brown

FIGHT PASS PRELIMS

Alexey Oleynik vs Curtis Blaydes 

Ovince Saint Preux vs Corey Anderson

Aiemann Zahabi vs Ricardo Ramos 

That seems to be the final card there. Tremendous. Even the Fight Pass bit looks pretty solid. You've got Oleynik coming off a biggish win over Travis Rousey, OSP coming off another Von Flue choke over Okami and Aiemann Zahabi who is a fairly bright prospect. That's just Fight Pass. The curtain jerkers. And every fight from there on up has my interest for one reason or another. Really looking forward to seeing Duffy, Gall and Cutelaba back in there especially. 

Wand you said in the Kevin Lee thread that he clearly hams it up, I think Cody does the exact same when he's on camera, he isn't going for guys off camera. So he's obviously aware of what he can and can't do to get himself noticed, he just doesn't have a funny personality but it got him a fight with Cruz when he wasn't top ranked and is probably trying to make himself a big star. He can obviously control his aggression as seen in the Cruz fight when most assumed he would be trying to chase Dominick around but did the complete opposite.

Archived