UFC 217: Bisping vs St Pierre

wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Yeah there are interesting fights right up and down the card, from the first prelim all the way to the main event. Cutelaba, Mickey Gall, Joe Duffy/James Vick, and Borrachinha are fighters/fights that I'm very much interested in, outside of the top attractions. There's something for everybody here. 

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The entire build of this has been super weird, but the past few weeks it's felt like the promotional team at the UFC went on holiday. Granted, the week of buzz is usually the deciding factor, but it's felt like they did almost nothing of note to try and hype this for their own fans prior to this week, in terms of hype vids and what not. For me, it's proper hampered anticipation for a fight that really needed a bit more heat behind it. Mind when Rousey was returning after a year off? We got those incredible hype videos weeks and weeks in advance. It's been so half arsed.

Anyway, all that aside, it's one of their best 'on paper' cards ever. Let's just hope it does the next part to make it truly one of the best shows ever.

To be fair Masvidal and his team are pretty dumb, THEY posted a video of him & Bisping arguing which is fine but you would surely cut out him saying faggot at the end of the video. Conor & Werdum got caught saying it, they didn't put video's of their team mate saying it.

I was reading a few comments from one of the news sites and several were saying he would beat Bisping in a fight, he's good but he's much smaller and the fact he fought in backyards is not a plus, Bisping was competing in kickboxing as a teenager but it's people overlooking Bisping as usual because he doesn't finish that many fighters.

• Paid Members

I wouldn't count Masvidal out against Bisping, im as big a Masvidal fan as there is here. You can't discredit the fact that Masvidal came up fighting in the backyards, his skillset is undeniable.

• Paid Members

The closer this gets, the more and more I see it heading for Bisping. I'm finding a hard time now with coming up with a way that GSP wins this. Unless the extra bulk allows him to be so much stronger that he can completely bully Bisping and make it a wrestling match, though I think that's unlikely. 

• Paid Members

I don't think holding Bisping down & dominating him that way is a viable strategy. I reckon GSP will be looking to trade jabs for a couple of rounds, try & get Bisping's distance measured & then come in with a big overhand shot. I think Bisping takes this without too much fuss.

Luke Thomas made a good prediction when he was asked how he thought the fight would play out. He sees it potentially going the same way as Bispings fight with Tim Kennedy, which I'd not actually considered.

Both GSP and Kennedy are roughly the same size, size reach etc. Both are good wrestlers. He may be onto something.

Archived