General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

Saw this on Twitter, not only do I hope it is true, I hope it happens

If:

- Arsenal don't win Europa League

- Burnley overtake them in the Premier League

- Southampton don't win FA Cup

Arsenal's season would kick off on July 26 with the second preliminary round of the Europa League, 11 days after the World Cup Final

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
5 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Well Tuchel is apparently a no-go as everyone has reported that he's joining PSG next season. That's a double blow, as it also rules out somewhere for Wenger to move to. That does leave Unai Emery available. We could certainly do worse.

It's moot anyway, until next year when Wenger's contract is up again, and he'll just decide to offer himself another 2 year contract. Even Niall Quinn sacked himself as manager while he was also Sunderland chairman!

Your Europa League win will buy him another three years,

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Shy Dad said:

Amazing. Would they even have their team sorted by that point? Surely the majority of their transfers wouldn't even be in the works until August and a ton of players aren't gonna want to get cup tied if they're on the move?

I don't know what's more worrying: us potentially playing so soon after the World Cup or the fact that our first XI is mostly made up of players that won't be at the World Cup anyway. 

In terms of being cup tied, I think qualifiers might not count. 

56 minutes ago, drkopen said:

Ha! What a fucking joke. I watched all 7minutes of that. You can make a clear decision by the 7th second of that video. I was half expecting a German Jeremy Beadle (die Beadle?) to pop out towards the end, such the farce that it was. I maintain that VAR is a superb idea that needs to be implemented, but it's staggering how everyone is managing to fuck it up so badly. A skeptic might suggest it's intentional sabotage to protect the refs. 

Can you imagine if it had been at the end of a game.

1 hour ago, Shy Dad said:

Amazing. Would they even have their team sorted by that point? Surely the majority of their transfers wouldn't even be in the works until August and a ton of players aren't gonna want to get cup tied if they're on the move?

The transfer window closes on the 9th August this year.

• Paid Members

Alonso suspended. In isolation, it's a fine decision, awful tackle. But in context, after four+ years of the FA having a near no-holds barred policy when it comes to retrospective punishment for offences on Chelsea players (an EYE GOUGE is the single thing they've deemed worthy of punishment in that time-frame, and possibly it might have been a BITE as the second most recent), repeatedly turning a blind eye to horror tackles, even when legs have been bent almost to literally snapping point (victim got the suspension, obv) it's infuriating seeing a Chelsea player get punished again. This was just a few weekends ago and got nothing, how?

A few weeks before that, same...

Dawson-challenge-1024x768.jpg

Earlier in the season...

98e96ce9811a40a89ff54fb37d2cd146.jpg

But Alonso's (like with Costa standing on someone's foot and touching someone's face) is where you decide to draw the line? Ridiculous.

Dr Jozef Bartlos is set to become the new manager of Fleetwood Town as of June 2nd with Special Agent Clint Hill to be his assistant. Exciting times for the Cod Army even though you do wonder if his best friend Morrissey will approve of him being in charge of a club that promotes the consumption of fish.

1 hour ago, The Maestro said:

Dr Jozef Bartlos is set to become the new manager of Fleetwood Town as of June 2nd with Special Agent Clint Hill to be his assistant. Exciting times for the Cod Army even though you do wonder if his best friend Morrissey will approve of him being in charge of a club that promotes the consumption of fish.

After his cheap digs at Dave Unsworth earlier in the season, I'm rather surprised Barton has decided to take up management himself, don't see him lasting though

Archived